WSU Versus Missouri State Predictions and Pregame Discussions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WSU Versus Missouri State Predictions and Pregame Discussions

Here's the deal. Panthers and Redbirds and Bears, No problem. The bare facts are, The Bears got Evansvilled today so will come in here at 15-10 and 6-6. The Shocks will not let their guard down after the emotional but easy win tonight. MSU is indeed a good rebounding team. We have swept some teams in the Valley but this is our first meeting against this team. I am really impressed with Alize Johnson and Dequon Miller is a solid assist man that plays just over 38 minutes a game. Ronnie Rousseau and Obediah (not spelled exactly like Obadiah in the Old Testament) Church must be defended solid without our bare hands as well. Not sure if Obediah knows Hezakiah because neither are found in the Old or New Testaments.

The Shocks looked rock solid against the birds that are red and I hope we continue to build on the momentum on both sides of the court we witnessed tonight. At this juncture, we need to not just win but also improve steadily as a team. I like the motor MM has been showing and CF is gaining in confidence as we move ahead. Look for Landry and Shaq to play solid in this game.

Thought about doing this thread in the morning but after that fun game tonight, I'm still wound up tighter than a Base Drum so I will burn the midnight oil. Losing a home game would not be an option. It would be like going to a steak house and ordering a juicy T-Bone. So here comes the waiter and plops down chopped liver, charges you for the T-Bone and tells you just to pipe down and eat it and deal with it when you protest. No worries because our beloved Shocks will prevail. Thus, sleep well tonight because The Shockers are alive and well in this here Valley of Death. We will surpass the Care Bears by 16 and they will only score 61.

Obediah Church and Bears------------61

Chadrack, Meshack, and Abendego--77
    Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Shocks by 28
    "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

Transfer In 88
      Transfer Out 65

Comment

I don't think I've ever quite understood Valley scheduling. I know that there are probably "valid" reasons--availability of arenas/travel issues, etc....but it has never made sense to me that we finish our season series with various teams (Bradley, Drake, ISU, Indiana State, etc.) before we play another team (MSU) even once. Weird. Wish it didn't have to be this way.
        Shocks 84-MSU 68.
        Last edited by Singeril; February 5, 2017, 09:29 AM.

Comment

I was reading the SWOMO message board and came across their topic for Lusk replacements. A popular pick seems to be Forbes. I highly doubt they can get him, that's not near enough of a step up. Their other picks seem to be coaches making in the $200-$300k range while Lusk is making $400k. Someone claimed they could have gotten Gregg Marshall while he was at Winthrop (which is obviously false). Someone also claimed SWOMO is the 2nd best job in the Valley (which is obviously false). Seems like every fan base is extremely delusional when it comes to coaching searches.

I'm not even entirely sure why they even want to try getting a low-major coach in the first place when at best he's going to be getting a $200k salary increase. Best case scenario he turns SWOMO around for 2-3 years and then jumps to a P5 or a better mid-major. Their only possible hope to is to grab an assistant or D2 coach who they can give raises to as he matures as a coach and hope he's not concerned with his career ladder like Ben Jacobson.

Comment

WSU 84
            MSU 64
            I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Don't forget MoST beat Fontbonne 100-27

Comment

Rousseau has left the Bears. It happened several weeks ago but it was made official 6 days ago (for some reason) MSU is spinning it that he left for personal reasons. It's being speculated that he wasn't getting along with HCPL.

Chris Kendrix (WSU recruited him for a while) has been in and out of HCPL doghouse all season and hasn't played well recently.

HCPL is on the hot seat and would have already been gone if he hadn't received a long term - guaranteed contract. MSU is all out of cattle and cannot afford to buy him out. He may be around for another year. If that happens - I would expect some players to transfer.

Having said all of that - It's going to be a blow out.

Shox 90
                Bears 55

The margin might not be that big because 3G doesn't have the same relationship with Lusk as he does with Dirty Dan

Here's to hoping to see a lot of you in Springfield in a few weeks. I'll post some weekend suggestions when we get a little closer to Feb 25th

Comment

Shockers by 25 as the high continues.

Comment

The real question is -- what are the odds that their shot clock will work properly?

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker Mama View Post
                      The real question is -- what are the odds that their shot clock will work properly?
                      The game is at Koch. It will work fine

Comment

What happened to LuskingforGuttin? He was so talkative when SWOMO was taking Fontbonne to the woodshed.

What happened?
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                          The game is at Koch. It will work fine
                          You're right. For some reason, I thought we were on the road.

Comment

If we play like we did against ISU, we win by 50. But I bet we come back to earth at least a little bit. The hatred isn't there this time. But I do still think the score continues to go in our direction even after the end of the bench is put in. I'll be surprised if MSU keeps it within 20.

Shockers - 92
                            Bares - 66

Comment

Shox, whatever they want
                              MSU, not nearly enough

Comment

Working...
                              X