Has the MVC torch has been passed...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has the MVC torch has been passed...

...from Fred VanVleet and Ron Baker, to Conner Frankamp and Landry Shamet.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by SHOCKvalue; February 4, 2017, 10:43 PM.

Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
    ...from Fred VanVleet and Ron Baker, to Conner Frankamp and Landry Shamet.

Thoughts?
    I believe if tonight they both play lights out then yes! But they need to continue playing every game from here on out like that

Comment

Well played...
      78-65

Comment

I dunno.. According to ISU they have 4 first or second team ALL MVC players. (Lee, McIntosh, hawkins, Fayne). I'd guess they'd "steal" the torch.

Comment

I've been impressed with Landry's growth. He's driving it to the rim for two, driving it and dishing for another to get two, shooting it from outside, and initiating the offense and he's only a Freshman. Conner sometimes initiates the offense and he's shooting it from deep. Did I say already that Landry is a Freshman and has three more years?

Comment

Landry shooting an even higher % from 3 in MVC than Conner. Both over 45% I believe.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
              Landry shooting an even higher % from 3 in MVC than Conner. Both over 45% I believe.
              They compliment each other and the great thing is that Landry is a Freshman. By the way, Zlandry plays good defense too. All he needs to be an All American is more upper body strength.

Comment

For a second I thought this thread said the MVC Turds have been passed. And I'm thinking that won't come till later this evening

Comment

Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
                  They compliment each other and the great thing is that Landry is a Freshman. By the way, Zlandry plays good defense too. All he needs to be an All American is more upper body strength.
                  I think Landry's defense is inconsistent at best. He's a freshman...I'm not concerned.
                  Livin the dream

Comment

Shamet is beginning to show he is the real deal. But I'm holding out a torch for Reaves...:)
                    "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Any more torches and we'll look like the town folk storming Frankenstein's castle.
                      Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

I'm using my torch to calibrate my meter, FWIW.

Comment

I'm not drawing conclusions based on one year, but you look at Fred's freshman year and Landry's and it's not that close.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
                            I'm not drawing conclusions based on one year, but you look at Fred's freshman year and Landry's and it's not that close.
                            Fred had Armstead in front of him

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                              Fred had Armstead in front of him
                              yes he did, which is what I said not drawing conclusions. We don't know how Fred would have done, but Landry may surpass some of Fred's stats with what he's able to do as a Freshman.

Comment

Working...
                              X