How About A Hip-Hip-Hooray For The Cheer Squads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How About A Hip-Hip-Hooray For The Cheer Squads

Very nice work by the Shocker Cheer and Dance Teams at the UCA/UDA Nationals in Orlando in mid-January.

WICHITA, Kan. - The Wichita State spirit squads traveled to Orlando, Fla., to take part in the UCA and UDA College Nationals on Jan. 12-16. During the weekend, the cheerleaders and dancers made history while competing in one of the largest and most prestigious cheerleading and dancing competitions in the country.

Videos of their routines at the bottom of this link.

Wouldn't mind seeing them do those routines during halftime at one or more of the remaining home games.

On a slightly different tangent, I'd like to say thanks to the cheer and dance team for their participation all year. I think they've been fantastic all year, even more so than usual.

Excellent job.

And while I'm at it, the band, which is always good, has been EXCEPTIONAL this season. They've done some of their own cheers (wish I could understand what they were saying), the "quiet playing" while Don is talking until he's done and then full boar, and for me the music selection is great. Can't get enough of The Impressions That I Get, which they do top notch, amongst many others.

Those people just do a fantastic job. I hope they have as much fun performing as I do listening.

Comment

Has the cheer squad performed their routine for halftime yet? Of the 5 games I've been to I've only seen the dance team. I have often felt like they look at basketball games as a necessary evil, rather than their reason for existin as a group. And I say that while currently attending a competitve cheer competition in OKC.

But it is nice to see they are performing well after the issues a few years ago.

Comment

Is it just me, or are the others that miss the halftime acts not at all?

Don't get me wrong, I'll watch cute dogs chase frisbees all day long, and if you can toss bowls onto your head whilst riding a unicycle, you are indeed talented, but I just don't see the reason for that anymore, and frankly, I'm checking stats, catching up on work on my phone and dodging the 2 dozen psychopathic Shockernet stalkers looking for some halftime nuggets to even notice a halftime act.

(I kid because I care).

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
          Has the cheer squad performed their routine for halftime yet? Of the 5 games I've been to I've only seen the dance team. I have often felt like they look at basketball games as a necessary evil, rather than their reason for existin as a group. And I say that while currently attending a competitve cheer competition in OKC.

But it is nice to see they are performing well after the issues a few years ago.
          I recall the cheer team rolled out the floor pads and peformed at a recent game. Couldn't tell you if it was this same routine or not. I'm sure at least some elements were the same. I don't reciall seeing the dance team perform this pom routine at halftfime athough they have performed more than the cheer squad has. Definitey, have not seen the 4-partner stunt group before.

Comment

Working...
          X