WKU coach to S. Carolina

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WKU coach to S. Carolina

SportsLine brings you premium real-time sports betting information, Las Vegas odds, picks and projections. Bet on your favorite sports with confidence.

Good deal, the future is bright here in Shockerland.

Comment

Best news in Shockerland in a while i would argue....good get goshox! Thanks for brightening up a cold wet day!!

i doubt the posters on the usc message boards are going to be satisfied with not getting the big name they thought they deserved
      1/16/2010 on the "Screw at the Q" HCGM... " Ive never seen a foul parade like that...If you would of let me know it was going to be a foul parade I would of brought a different team" .... "dont talk to me about fouls....Ive got to go back and look at some tape... I have some thoughts but I need to look at the tape and then I will have something very strong to say"

Comment

So if Drake wins that game, is Keno Davis the next coach at USC?
        "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
        -John Wooden

Comment

Originally posted by wu_shizzle
          No. 8)
          "You can observe a lot just by watching."
          -- Yogi Berra

Comment

i doubt it ...his record at drake does not compare to Horns record of 111-48 at WKU. The question might be would horn get the job if drake had won that game....

Was Horn even on the radar of any of the posters on the usc message boards?
            1/16/2010 on the "Screw at the Q" HCGM... " Ive never seen a foul parade like that...If you would of let me know it was going to be a foul parade I would of brought a different team" .... "dont talk to me about fouls....Ive got to go back and look at some tape... I have some thoughts but I need to look at the tape and then I will have something very strong to say"

Comment

So beating Drake and San Diego gets you a BCS job?

Believe me, I'm glad Gregg Marshall didn't get the job, but it seems like they started looking at Horn because he got WKU to the Sweet Sixteen.

I'll ask it this way: If they lose to Drake does he still get the job?
              "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
              -John Wooden

Comment

Originally posted by WSUShokker
                i doubt it ...his record at drake does not compare to Horns record of 111-48 at WKU. The question might be would horn get the job if drake had won that game....

My Keno Davis comment was meant to be sarcastic, but if Horn isn't a candidate before the tournament, I wouldn't be that excited as a USC fan.
                -John Wooden

Comment

Kind of... but after a month of reading them I can delete them from 'favorites' on my browser. However, I am up to speed on their starting quarterback's suspension due to underage drinking and their search for a new bullpen closer since the current one is now out for the season with an injury.

Comment

best news I've heard in a while. now, lets get EO over here!! :goshocks:

Comment

Initially I was very worried when the job opened up. Based on a lot of things HCGM has said over the last few weeks and his actions, I began to believe there was very little chance of him leaving. Quite frankly over the last few weeks I went from being very worried to not being worried at all.

Comment

I wasnt worried then.

So I feel no relief now.

Comment

So what?

Assuming this does indeed happen, gee -- what a surprise.
                          :roll:

So they favored the guy whose team went 29-7, won its conference tournament, and picked up a couple of NCAA wins (however fortunately) over the one whose team finished 11-21 (however unfortunately -- WSU was outscored by less than two points per game on the season, which usually translates into a better record). Imagine that.

Maybe this is further proof for our posters who don't have enough to do other than reading between the lines in search of messages of impending doom for the Shockers -- and offering learned speculation on how Marshall would no doubt be USC's top choice, right, KC? -- that sometimes the only thing between the lines is in fact the blank space the rest of us see.

Maybe much ado about nothing can finally be put to rest.

Comment

Re: So what?

Originally posted by WSUwatcher
                            Assuming this does indeed happen, gee -- what a surprise.
                            :roll:

So they favored the guy whose team went 29-7, won its conference tournament, and picked up a couple of NCAA wins (however fortunately) over the one whose team finished 11-21 (however unfortunately -- WSU was outscored by less than two points per game on the season, which usually translates into a better record). Imagine that.

Maybe this is further proof for our posters who don't have enough to do other than reading between the lines in search of messages of impending doom for the Shockers -- and offering learned speculation on how Marshall would no doubt be USC's top choice, right, KC? -- that sometimes the only thing between the lines is in fact the blank space the rest of us see.

Maybe much ado about nothing can finally be put to rest.
                            To judge Gregg Marshall by our record this year would be more than short-sighted, it would be woefully ignorant.
                            -John Wooden

Comment

Marshall

Very true, Shizzle. I've pointed out previously that Marshall came into this season with a better career record than any WSU coach in about 75 years. I've predicted that in his first five years he will have more NCAA appearances at WSU than Turgeon did in his seven-year career here, which is not to disparage MT's fine work.

I'm also confident Marshall will be here as long as Turgeon was or longer, because his career contains much less evidence of a stepping-stone inclination -- to be expected, inasmuch as, unlike MT, Larry Brown is not among Marshall's mentors. My point was a comment on the stupidity (not to mince words about it) of all the speculation and predictions and general gloom from some of our posters who need to step up their medication once we learned that Dave Odom would be leaving South Carolina.

ASM got it right -- there's no reason to be relieved now, because there has never been any rational reason to be worried in the first place.

Comment

Working...
                              X