Charles Koch Arena renovation project support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charles Koch Arena renovation project support

I always enjoy reading the Horizon articles. Successful people giving back to the university and community. This one (Winter 2017) caught my attention and seemed to fit well in the Basketball forum. :)

"The Austin's also were persuaded to support the Koch Arena project when they visited the men’s basketball complex and felt it did not reflect the excellence of the program. “We need to be able to recruit the best athletes to come here, but if I was a recruit, I’m not sure I’d be very impressed by those offices,” Austin said. “It really is time for a major upgrade.”

“It was Becky Austin who invited her future husband to start attending WSU basketball games when they were dating in the early 1990s. Steve was hooked, despite being a graduate of Creighton. Armed with a pharmacy degree, he went on to earn a nuclear pharmacist certificate from Purdue. Today, he is the owner of Nuclear Enterprises Radiopharmacy, Infusion Pharmacy and All Angles Collision Repair. He also is a co-owner of Oxford Senior Living and GForce Engineering, which specializes in high-performance drivetrain products.”

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

I'll go out on a limb and say he's worth about 6 million, in 1970's dollars :smug:

Thanks Steve and Becky.

Comment

Explains Gregg and Maggie in the All Angles commercials.

hqdefault.jpg

This Steve Austin? I don't think the Treasury Department would allow him to treat 45 like that today.

Comment

So Steve Austin owns a couple of pharmacies, a collision repair shop, and co-owns a senior living facility? He's quite the conglomerate.

Comment

Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post
          So Steve Austin owns a couple of pharmacies, a collision repair shop, and co-owns a senior living facility? He's quite the conglomerate.
          Vertical integration?

Comment

So....when are the sky-boxes getting built?

Comment

Originally posted by shocks02 View Post
              Thursday, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by shocks02 View Post
                Think they killed that part of the deal.

Comment

Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
                  Think they killed that part of the deal.
                  I sit so high in CKA that if they let me bring a cardboard box to sit in it would be a "SkyBox seat"

Comment

People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Interesting how all the chatter about renovation and sky boxes came to a hault once WSU started missing the tournament

Comment

Originally posted by bleed yellow View Post
                        Interesting how all the chatter about renovation and sky boxes came to a hault once WSU started missing the tournament
                        WSU missed the tournament one year.

Comment

Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

WSU missed the tournament one year.
                          AND that year, WE went to the NIT FINAL 4. How soon we ungrateful fans forget. Sorry, you aren’t one of us ungrateful fans. Others forgot.

Comment

Weird comment
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Yes, Bleed, are you a Shocker fan or a troll? Cause that sounded real trollish. Some of your other stuff has as well. What would be your point there?

Comment

Working...
                              X