WSU Versus Evansville Predictions and Pregame Discussions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WSU Versus Evansville Predictions and Pregame Discussions

Here's the deal. UE in terms of hoops, really does party like it's 1999 which was their last Dance. The Purple Aces did graduate D.J. Balentine and Egidijus Mockevicius who were solid players. They do return a one/two punch in Jaylon Brown and Ryan Taylor. Here's one for you. UE is 10-9 this Season but have only lost 2 games at home. After 5 games, Jaylon Brown was leading the Valley in scoring but not in the top 10 in field goal pct. Guess what? Four Shockers were in the top 10 in Valley FG-Pct.after 5 Valley games. One other tidbit. UE was the last feisty Valley Team I remember that has swept us in Valley play back when the Colt was playing and making wholesale 3's at both barns. We were spitting nails about that right here on SN many moons ago. Marty Simmons is their Coach. UE is 1-5 in Valley play, 9-2 at home, but have lost 4 games in a row. Yesterday they got beat by S. Illinois at home.

The Shocks continue their cold and lonely road Trek at The Ford Center. Marshall Law knows when to hold them, knows when to fold them and can make Chevys' out of Fords. The Purple Aces are not chopped liver at home but the Shocks will have an ace in the hole up their sleeve. Our D-Fence in this game will fuel us with some 'high octane' Offense until UE thinks they are playing 52 card pickup. Look for our 10 man rotation to be effective and get us a split on this road swing. If our beloved Shocks play as I believe they will, UE will fold like a lawn chair at a peaceful picnic when there is suddenly a cloud burst from above as we rain down some 3's. However, first and foremost, I see the Shocks with an advantage with our bigs on the inside.

Very few teams if any in the NCAA will go undefeated in Conference play. The Shocks need to get a nice Valley win streak going, win the Lew, and Dance. To do so, the Shocks can't just win most games but also must improve as a team to prepare us for the toughest games before us. This will be an 11 point surpass.

4 Purple Aces------------59

Shocker Royal Flush-----70
    Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Shocks 77
    Aces 62

Comment

Shox 59
      Aces 50
      Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

81-62 Shox
        "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

We win. Predicting a loss is not an option.

Comment

75-70 Shockers

Comment

We win by about 50.
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

I am not going to lie, we should win and win big, but I fear getting Evansvilled.
                “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

WSU by 20+

We saw some complacency set in over the last few games and that bit us in the ass Saturday. I think we wake up defensively and thrash EU.
                  Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

WSU opens up -11.
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

I believe the game tomorrow is on CBS Sports Network. Any cord cutters know how to get the game?

Comment

DTV 221 I believe, but Saturday's game has no TV........right?

Shocks bounce back vs EU 66-57

Comment

85- 63 WU
                          I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

I predict we blow them out by 20+ and the rest of the season we ain't losing anymore!

Comment

Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
                              DTV 221 I believe, but Saturday's game has no TV........right?

Shocks bounce back vs EU 66-57
                              A directtv channel doesn't help cordcutters, haha.

Saturday's game is at least on ESPN 3. I'm not sure about any blackout information.

Comment

Working...
                              X