WSU Versus Illinois State Predictions and Pregame Discussions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WSU Versus Illinois State Predictions and Pregame Discussions

Here's the deal. It's a rap. Illinois State just beat S.Illinois on the road 60-53 so now the big showdown in Normal. I'm hoping some of the respectful Redbird posters we have had on here for many moons join us on here before the game and offer their perspectives. The Redbirds are now 13-4 and 5-0 in this here Valley. When you look at team stats, this matchup looks verily even but I believe we have a slight edge in rebounding (not so great tonight though), our team depth is better IMO, and I like our D-Fence which begets sparkles for our Offensive schemes quite often.

The Redbirds are led by talented Paris Lee, Mikyle McIntosh, and Deontae Hawkins. It appears they go around 6-7 deep and fall off some and they have about half the fans at their games than the Shocks at our barn.They have lost to Tulsa (but also beat them this Season), Murray State, TCU, and San Fran. They will not lose many games at home so the Shocks will need to stick with the 3 players just mentioned like velcrow (so to speak) without fouling much if that be possible in this here Valley Race.

A win for our beloved Shocks could make Redbirds distraught like blue-blue birds. A lot of Shock Tweetment on D. would eviscerate their game-plan, spook them out of their nests, and ruffle their strategy, feather by feather. This won't come easy though and I believe the game will be quite close and as fine as a frog hair. Look for Frankamp to hit a 3 at the buzzer for the Shocker 7 point surpass.

Ghost, Lamb, Phantom-------- ------------------68

Kung Wu, Doc, Shocker Mama------------------75
    Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Toughest game remaining on the regular season slate by any measurement, should be a lot of fun.

NBA 74
    Joliet All Stars 70

Comment

I think @Kung Wu:'s classic 75-74 refrain will actually be pretty close to reality in this one. Flip a coin... or maybe in honor of the Redturd roster we should say flip a 9mm shell casing.

Comment

Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
        I think @Kung Wu:'s classic 75-74 refrain will actually be pretty close to reality in this one. Flip a coin... or maybe in honor of the Redturd roster we should say flip a 9mm shell casing.
        I dunno, that's a lot of points. ISU has the best defense in the league and also plays at the slowest pace.

Comment

Best offense (WSU 30 vs. ISU 116) vs. best defense (ISU 22 vs. WSU 34) in the league.

Ratings above per KenPom.

Comment

Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
            Best offense (WSU 30 vs. ISU 116) vs. best defense (ISU 22 vs. WSU 34) in the league.

Ratings above per KenPom.
            But just how talented are they 1-12? :)
            Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Hope they fly out before the bad weather arrives here.

Comment

Sounds like they are planning lots of festivities. From their board --

No bounce house but there will be a tattoo station, a poster station, a few kids games, TapSnap which is like a photo booth with a green screen, and of course Reggie Redbird will be there.

Wonder if those are real tattoos....

Comment

Bail bonds will be BOGO as well.

Comment

Wouldn't be surprised if we dropped a close one at their place.

Their fans will then speak of crazy things like running the table and getting a top 4 seed in the tourney and going to the final 4.

Reality will hit when the Shox win the conference by going 17-1 and they finish 2nd with 14-4. And I will have the last laugh as they don't win in St Louis and end up losing in the 2nd round of the NIT

I will say we lose a close one this weekend, but it is a marathon, not a sprint. ;)
                    "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Red turd fans already proclaiming that there is no reason they should lose this game and talking about margins of victory with common opponents, etc. Guess we will find out soon

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Pickle View Post
                        Red turd fans already proclaiming that there is no reason they should lose this game and talking about margins of victory with common opponents, etc. Guess we will find out soon
                        They have been playing well. They should feel confident.....For now ;)
                        "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

So, I would like to express my deep appreciation for the one person that *I* feel is most responsible for our Final Four run: Jackie Charmichael.

See, at that point in the season, we were a bubble team at best. A loss in Norma, and we would have been on the outside looking in, and knowing our history in St. Louis, might not have made the dance at all.

AND, we were down 7 points with 45 seconds left in the game. We were on the ropes.
                          AND, Charmichael had just grabbed a huge rebound. He simply comes down with that clean, and we're almost certain to lose the game.
                          BUT, Jackie Charmichael did what he had to do to save the day for the Shockers. He decided to try and kick Tekele Cotton in the face. Flagrant 1, made the throws, scored on the possession, next thing you know, we escape with the win.

AND, this gave us (well, me really) the "Charmichael Horizon," which has been a pretty good judge of when a relatively close game is in the bag. If a team can get inside of 45 seconds with a 7 point lead, they are beyond the Charmichael Horizon, and victory is almost assured. The Charmichael Horizon represents the combination of time left and score where, if absolutely everything goes wrong, a team can still lose.

Thank you, Jackie Charmichael, for sending us to our greatest glory yet. I only hope something just as magical happens this weekend in Normal.

But, I'll be okay if it's just Daishon Smith dunking his way into the SC Top Ten.

Comment

Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
                            Bail bonds will be BOGO as well.
                            That one will have a long line!

Comment

Shox

Comment

Working...
                              X