WSU Versus UNI Predictions and Pregame Discussions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
    I'm not convinced that this group of Juniors has the MTXE type of toughness to dig a little deeper if they think they've got the game won before they step on the court.
    Very valid point. Think the same thing. However...all these Juniors need to see and know is what kinda MTXE is working for certain peeps in New York and Toronto. It works!!!

Learn it...love it...LIVE IT!!!
    FINAL FOURS:
    1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
    1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
    Number of Times Ranked: 157
    Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
    Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
    Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
    #3 - Dec. 2017
    #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
    #2 ~ March 2014
    Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

These types of games concern me...first real Valley road test in a tough environment. Young team. Have never seen a Panther team in this position before--absolute must win for them. Ben Jacobson teams always seem to find themselves and play well against us. I'm sure Coach has warned them about this but I see this being a tight one: Us 72, them 66.

Comment

Today's Wichita Eagle betting Line favors WSU to win by 10 points. It also shows WSU RPI Saturday at 93 and UNI at 153. A win today would tie us at 4-0 for first place in the Valley Race with Illinois State. The Wichita Eagle also mentioned that UNI beat us us 2 out of 3 games last Season and lead our Series 28-26. A win today would be epic and reflect that the Shocks are for real in this hunt for another Valley Ship. We know we are facing a dangerous team in serious need for a win that gets up higher that a kite when playing us at the McLeod Center. Our quality depth should be a big key to a Shocker victory today.
        Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

We're about to get evansvilled aren't we? UNI is hoping to save their entire franchise with this game today. :)

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post
            The major prognosticators are unanimous and have the Shockers winning on the ROAD again:

Nolan +12.0
            Massey +8.0
            RPI Forecst +12.5
            Sagarin +11.7
            Vegas +10.0

I'll go with the unanimous consensus and take WSU by 12:

Pussycats - 60
            Shockers - 72
            Can we get a little "On the Road Again" by my man Willie

Comment

I'm worried that everything will go like the past, we'll get a loss up there, and then the game in Wichita will have huge implications. I hope the Shox win it of course, but I wouldn't be surprised at a loss.

Comment

Originally posted by LoneStar48 View Post
                I'm worried that everything will go like the past, we'll get a loss up there, and then the game in Wichita will have huge implications. I hope the Shox win it of course, but I wouldn't be surprised at a loss.
                I hear you. KenPom has listed 75% cahnce of victory. The games at Ill State, Evansville, Loyola and Missouri State are lower than 75%. THAT makes me uncomfortable.
                "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                ---------------------------------------
                Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

I predict that 3G used the 2nd half of the Drake game and the 2 wins UNI had against us last year to put the chip back on the teams shoulder and we again go to work on the glass and the defensive end.

WSU 82
                  UNI 68
                  Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

I know the game is on ESPN3 but will it be available in Wichita? Blackout?

Comment

Originally posted by Kochaddict View Post
                      It's on ESPNU

Comment

Originally posted by Kochaddict View Post
                        It's on ESPNU

Edit: beat to the punch by Sly
                        You miss 100% of the shots you don't take....

.....but, statistically speaking, you miss 99% of the shots you do take.

Comment

Originally posted by SlyShock View Post
                          It's on ESPNU
                          Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Steeleshocker View Post
                            It's on ESPNU

Edit: beat to the punch by Sly
                            Hands faster than FVV

Comment

Originally posted by WheatShock View Post
                              I predict that 3G used the 2nd half of the Drake game and the 2 wins UNI had against us last year to put the chip back on the teams shoulder and we again go to work on the glass and the defensive end.

WSU 82
                              UNI 68
                              Short of Shocker foul trouble today with our bigs, I see us with a nice advantage inside today along with us with an overall defensive advantage. UNI will fire up wholesale 3's today as if there is no tomorrow. They just might make their fair share at times, but that won't be enough versus our quality depth to defeat us IMO.
                              Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

ESPNU

Cox Cable 244 (2244 HD)
                                DISH Channel: 141
                                DIRECTV Channel: 208
                                "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                                ---------------------------------------
                                Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                                "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                                "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Working...
                                X