No announcement yet.

WSU Versus UNI Predictions and Pregame Discussions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Duff should live at the foul line this game. And for a little reverse psychology...Willis will struggle this time and of course ShaQ will get 2 quick fouls putting him on the pine early. One foul being legit and the other being an anticipatory phantom. 2nd half ShaQ will get another quick one (phantom or real - who knows) so Elgin will have his "trying to get 2 teams in March Madness" MVC game of who can make the most 3's. Typical bs in the rpi killer Valley.

GO SHOCKS!!!
    FINAL FOURS:
    1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
    1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
    Number of Times Ranked: 157
    Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
    Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
    Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
    #3 - Dec. 2017
    #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
    #2 ~ March 2014
    Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Don't settle for 3's, crash the boards, make FTs, Hold Morgan under 20, get out of town with an ugly 72-60 win.

Comment

I predict UNI will flop at least once during the game.

Comment

There's a post on the UNI message board that says "Jake is the best coach in the Valley by far" I swear UNI fans are completely and utterly delusional!

Comment

Originally posted by Horn28Clem30 View Post
            There's a post on the UNI message board that says "Jake is the best coach in the Valley by far" I swear UNI fans are completely and utterly delusional!
            No way. It's Burrah and it's not even close. Just ask Elgin.
            "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
              I think it's possible WSU could win out to the MVC tourney final and maybe get an at-large. But I wouldn't hold my breath. I'd be hoping the WSU brand and a 21-game win streak would sneak us in. I'm sure JH4P can give us the numbers. 30-4 with the WSU brand might do it, or it might not. There is no denying that the resume will be severely lacking, especially for a team the selection committee isn't looking for excuses for to include.
              I'm still sticking to this.

Originally posted by Jamar Howard 4 President View Post
              It all depends on how many regular season MVC losses WSU suffers.

18-0 or 17-1 and an at-large is secure no matter what happens in St. Louis.
              16-2 is probably good enough, but I wouldn't be relaxed until I saw WSU's name announced during the selection show.
              15-3 and I don't think WSU can afford a 4th loss to a Valley team in St. Louis.

I'm guessing Lunardi's 9 seed assumes 16-2 and 3-0 in St. Louis

Comment

Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
                Yeah, but they had Jesperson/Bohannon/Washpun/Lohaus, who were all nice offensive weapons. Lohaus didn't graduate, but he is out for the time being with an ankle injury.
                Hi guys--been awhile.

I'm really interested in this game. I think it's possible that UNI, instead of experiencing one of their periodic meltdowns, might actually be in the midst of a down year. The loss of the players mentioned by KV might just be too much to overcome, especially with Koch not really playing up to expectations thus far.

I think this game will provide an indication of whether they are merely in a slump or actually just a mediocre (at best) team. If they even keep it close, the rest of the schmucks in the Valley had better look out for the rest of the season.

But I doubt they will do that:

UNI 58

WSU 74

Comment

ISUb kept it close. I expect UNI to do similar. Doesn't mean UNI isn't still looking at a battle to stay out of Thursday night.

Comment

Originally posted by stldog View Post
                    Hi guys--been awhile.

I'm really interested in this game. I think it's possible that UNI, instead of experiencing one of their periodic meltdowns, might actually be in the midst of a down year. The loss of the players mentioned by KV might just be too much to overcome, especially with Koch not really playing up to expectations thus far.

I think this game will provide an indication of whether they are merely in a slump or actually just a mediocre (at best) team. If they even keep it close, the rest of the schmucks in the Valley had better look out for the rest of the season.

But I doubt they will do that:

UNI 58

WSU 74
                    I don't know about schmucks, but UNI will have a terrible time besting 8-10 if they lose to WSU Sunday. I don't care how much they "turn it around".

At 0-4 with 4 games remaining against MSU, ISUr & WSU (3 of which are on the road and none of which they'll be favored to win), the Panthers would have to all but run the table against the rest of the league to beat 8-10.

Comment

He's a good, not great coach. Consistently above average, with spurts of greatness. At UNI hes gone: Miss NCCA and all, Miss all, NCAA, NCAA, CIT, NIT, CIT, Miss, NCAA, NCAA, Most likely miss all this year)

Not horrible, not great. He's the 2nd best in the Valley .. but that's not the best measuring stick.

Comment

I would wager the best coach in the league has finished 1st or 2nd with no fewer than 12 wins in the league the past 7 consecutive seasons, but then I didn't vote for Barry Hinson last year either.

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                          He's a good, not great coach. Consistently above average, with spurts of greatness. At UNI hes gone: Miss NCCA and all, Miss all, NCAA, NCAA, CIT, NIT, CIT, Miss, NCAA, NCAA, Most likely miss all this year)

Not horrible, not great. He's the 2nd best in the Valley .. but that's not the best measuring stick.
                          Wow, better than 3G? I think that's a bit of a stretch.
                          "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

Jacobson's certainly quite skilled at doing well with marginal resources, but saying he's the best coach in the MVC isn't a credible statement.

Comment

I think what they mean is "he is the best Valley level coach in the Valley"

In the pool of coaches who are not obviously capable of success in a power 5 conference, he is by far the best. I would even argue that he probably could succeed in bigger britches because I really like him, but not more so than the obvious best coach in the MVC. Marshall is not a Valley level coach. And that's exactly why I hope we get that AAC invite.

Comment

Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
                                Jacobson's certainly quite skilled at doing well with marginal resources, but saying he's the best coach in the MVC isn't a credible statement.
                                The best coach in the MVC is Giaccoletti because he was the first coach I've seen who looked at his product and his program and thought "let's call a spade a spade... I'm out"

Turns out he wants to win. He doesnt belong here in the Moral Victory Conference.

Comment

Working...
                                X