get a good game from UNI - I suspect we will but prevail 78 - 71

Comment

Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
      Just a couple weeks ago most posters were predicting 3-4 league
      losses. I weighed in predicting one. Sticking with that prediction
      but don't think it will be this Sunday. Believe one of the ISU teams
      or MSU might catch us in a down game and upset us. Hope we do
      get a good game from UNI - I suspect we will but prevail 78 - 71
      Possibly at ISUr or MSU, Its hard to see anyone winning at CKA this year.
      Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

Originally posted by champions5 View Post
        Take away the 3,...
        We actually haven't done very well with that. The secret is out that that's the MO to go for the throat against WSU, we've just had a string of opponents without the talent to execute since the OSU game. The three is historically UNI's thing too; they're Creighton's replacement.

I'll just be happy for our guys to leave CF Sunday with a W. I'm certainly not picking a blowout. UNI almost always plays us tough, regardless of whatever margin there might be between the teams at game time.

Comment

Shocks by 18, I think our guys come to play on Saturday.
          “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
            UNI can make their season by beating WSU Sunday...

Our guys will have to play hard and well to win.
            Yes, Super Bowl Sunday comes early this year in Cedar Falls. This is a team that has lost five straight and shot .276 from three (16-58) in Valley play while doing so. Based on history, it's undoubtedly about time for them to heat up and try to get well by being a nuisance to the Shocks. And, DU, if the Shocks come to play Saturday, that's exactly what might happen -- isn't the game Sunday afternoon?

Comment

67-71

I hope not, but UNI is tough to beat in super bowl mode on the road.
              Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                Didn't the blowjays try something like this long ago.....maybe with that one guy that PJ stuffed at the buzzer?

Certainly I'll admit my memory is failing in my twilight years, but I was thinking they brought someone back for a game or 2 before shutting him down for the season.
                "That 'guy' that PJ stuffed" (I have a GREAT story on that play) got hurt early in the 2005-06 season. It was early enough that they tried to see if he could go again, but alas, they held him out for the rest of the season. That was WSU's Sweet 16 season. He came back the next season...and did not win his final game in the Roundhouse.
                78-65

Comment

Skers 61
                  Phers 60
                  For some the glass is half full and for others half empty. My glass is out of ice.
                  - said no one ever...

Comment

Originally posted by Onegreatracer View Post
                    67-71

I hope not, but UNI is tough to beat in super bowl mode on the road.
                    Are you the same guy that predicts against WSU at least once every week and then backs it up with "I hope I'm wrong...", or are there more than one of you guys using that same line on a regular basis?
                    "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

Originally posted by ShockdaWorld View Post
                      Are you the same guy that predicts against WSU at least once every week and then backs it up with "I hope I'm wrong...", or are there more than one of you guys using that same line on a regular basis?

I've predicted 2 or 3 losses this year, and I only predicted an 11 point win against Bradley. I thought that Bradley was a better team this year but I was clearly wrong.
                      Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

Maybe 2-1 Bradley's progress should be measured against the rest of the Valley but not the Shockers who are likely to put a whoopin on many a conference opponent.
                        Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

I've predicted 2 or 3 losses this year, and I only predicted an 11 point win against Bradley. I thought that Bradley was a better team this year but I was clearly wrong.
                          Oh, you're the 71-60 WSU over Bradley guy?

Whew, now I'm cool with your UNI prediction.
                          Deuces Valley.
                          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Warning! Score predictions on shockernet appear closer than the games are... :)
                            Marge: The plant called and said that if you don't come in tomorrow, don't bother coming in Monday.
                            Homer: WOOHOO! Four day weekend.

Comment

Shox-82
                              Panthers-70

Comment

I will be thoroughly disappointed if we do not absolutely own the paint and pound the glass.

Comment

Working...
                                X