No announcement yet.

WSU Versus UNI Predictions and Pregame Discussions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

With the talent disparity and how bad UNI is right now, this should be a blowout, but we all know they'll keep it close somehow. Shox 72 UNI 63

Comment

The cynical side of me thinks that this UNI team will be in desperation mode and look for this game to turn their season around, and Jacobson will MacGyver a great game plan of defense and chucking up a barrage of threes, and this game they will finally start falling.

Optimism will always be my default mode though and I believe 3G is pissed that this team has kind of had our number past few years and will make sure these guys are ready to curb stomp the Panthers.

Shocks 75
        Children of the Corn 63

Comment

What time is the shoot around?
          “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Originally posted by DUShock View Post
            What time is the shoot around?
            Shoot around? We don't need no shoot around.
            Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

We need to punch them int he mouth early to take the crowd out of it. They will show up in full force hoping to win their superbowl. An early 18-4 run should do the trick as the Shox coast to a 15 point win.

Comment

I hope there is no need for concern but this game scares me. Shockers by single digits.

Comment

WSU 78
                  UNI 74
                  I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

The kind of game you dread in that it is no longer even a good road win or a halfway decent road loss.

The boys just need to pour it on them early like they have in the last two games and they will be fine.

Shocks by 15.

Comment

Didn't UNI start poorly last year before a furious turnaround?

Comment

Originally posted by GreatWhiteBuffalo View Post
                        They also had a couple of Top 5 wins and a more talented roster.

They are trash and this game is a no-win situation for us and an upside only game for them.
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by GreatWhiteBuffalo View Post
                          Yeah, but they had Jesperson/Bohannon/Washpun/Lohaus, who were all nice offensive weapons. Lohaus didn't graduate, but he is out for the time being with an ankle injury.
                          "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

UNI has been -13, -8, and Even on the boards in 3 Valley games. They were even last night against Loyola, a team who was out rebounded 40-27 by Drake a week ago. I don't see Sunday getting any easier in that respect.

Take away the 3, kill them on the boards.

Shocks: 75
                            Panthers: 56

Comment

Serious question: from an NCAA standpoint do we really need to win any more games that aren't in St. Louis? Is an undefeated or one loss conference record going to get us an 11 seed at this point? We are playing for pride and a conference championship. I expect one adrenaline fueled run from UNI. If we withstand it, they don't have the horses to beat us this year.
                              Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Originally posted by BOBB View Post
                                Serious question: from an NCAA standpoint do we really need to win any more games that aren't in St. Louis? Is an undefeated or one loss conference record going to get us an 11 seed at this point? We are playing for pride and a conference championship. I expect one adrenaline fueled run from UNI. If we withstand it, they don't have the horses to beat us this year.
                                I think it's possible WSU could win out to the MVC tourney final and maybe get an at-large. But I wouldn't hold my breath. I'd be hoping the WSU brand and a 21-game win streak would sneak us in. I'm sure JH4P can give us the numbers. 30-4 with the WSU brand might do it, or it might not. There is no denying that the resume will be severely lacking, especially for a team the selection committee isn't looking for excuses for to include.

Comment

Working...
                                X