WSU Versus UNI Predictions and Pregame Discussions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WSU Versus UNI Predictions and Pregame Discussions

Here's the deal. Don't call a wounded Panther team NIU because that goes over like a lead balloon. However, such a concern is 'small potatoes' compared to them losing tonight versus Loyola. Now they are 0-3 in the Valley and 5-9 overall. Mo. State and Evansville also defeated them. Here I picked them 2nd in this here Valley race. Even so, it is early, with lot's of games left to play.

This we do know. UNI gets the "Eye Of The Panther Syndrome" when they play our beloved Shocks, especially at the McLeod Center. Ben Jacobson is indeed one of the better Valley Coaches. Jeremy Morgan is their best player IMO and Koch, Carlson, Lohaus and Haldeman aren't chopped liver. Earlier in the Season, they did defeat Oklahoma and Arizona State but are in a funk right now. Against us, their players and fans rise higher than a kite on a windy Iowa day. It will be up to our Shocks to show this league we mean buswax whether at their barns or ours. That is what warriors do even when foes and opposing players get all souped up for us.

The Shocks need to play "tough as nails" D-Fence because the cats will be firing up wholesale 3's like it is the 4th of July on a hot tin roof. We should be able to handle them in the paint first and then establish some open 3's our own selves. This is a game we really need to seize and win because UNI will want to get back on course and treat their fans to a Superbowl win this coming Sunday. Look for the triple headed monsta of Shaq, Duff, and Willis to run the battle of the boards and play solid inside where we should have an advantage if we stay out of foul trouble. Having under 10 turnovers is almost always a plus to help win on the cold and lonely road. Shaq, Willis, and MM will combine for 22 rebounds and 33 points. Our guards will match and exceed UNI tit for tat as we get the 11 point surpass for the Victory.

WSU-------77

UNI--------66
    Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Does UNI have another Super Bowl in 'em?
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

WSU 82
      UNI 64

FYI Lohaus may be done for a while or even the season with an ankle injury.
      Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

>100

Comment

Are we playing Dr Jekyll UNI or Mr Hyde UNI?

Comment

Ralph Miller 80
            Eldon Miller 60

Comment

UNI can make their season by beating WSU Sunday, and don't think they won't pull out every trick.

It wouldn't even surprise me to see them try to play Lohaus even if they go for a medical redshirt. He's got a game or 2 left before the 30% threshold.

Our guys will have to play hard and well to win.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                It wouldn't even surprise me to see them try to play Lohaus even if they go for a medical redshirt. He's got a game or 2 left before the 30% threshold.
                Not sure this is accurate. I think it's based on the team's first 30% of games. UNI has to be at the halfway point by now, so if he plays, the medical redshirt shot goes away.
                78-65

Comment

Super Bowl in Cedar Rapids??? But of course. They will look like an NBA team fer sure the first half! Our young Shocks get an opportunity to strut angry and play poised and confident hitting shots and dunking dunks when they settle. Haven't seen ShaQ get a "bad" call in a few so this obviously will be his game to ride the pine with a couple lame calls and NOT go for 20. BUT...that's okay cause we're fired up for this one and everone knows there's no panthers in Iowa. Pssshhh....

SHOCKS - 84
                  1st Half NBA'ers - 73
                  FINAL FOURS:
                  1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                  1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                  Number of Times Ranked: 157
                  Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                  Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                  Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                  #3 - Dec. 2017
                  #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                  #2 ~ March 2014
                  Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
                    Not sure this is accurate. I think it's based on the team's first 30% of games. UNI has to be at the halfway point by now, so if he plays, the medical redshirt shot goes away.
                    Didn't the blowjays try something like this long ago.....maybe with that one guy that PJ stuffed at the buzzer?

Certainly I'll admit my memory is failing in my twilight years, but I was thinking they brought someone back for a game or 2 before shutting him down for the season.

Comment

boy did i ever hate nate funk.

Comment

good call on that pj rejection though. good times.

Comment

This is a game I have been waiting for. At St.Lose last year, I had a NIU...all disrespect intended....family of 4 sitting in front of me. This Griswold family, a bit more like cousin Eddie than Clark, were unbelievable. Mom and Dad hammer beers repeatedly throughout the game. Middle school son followed mom's lead and stood on the railing and raised the bird repeatedly at Shocker fans and the team bench. Repeated F bombs from mom and son continued until 5th grade daughter joined in. By the end, Mom, who clearly fit the creepy Mrs. Robinson roll (picture terry cloth robe on couch covered by a blanket to cover the holes, glass of Kentucky Deluxe, cig hanging at an angle, asking boy's high school friend if he liked real women), starts the drunken spin dance that never ends well at the club. She never says anything about the Panthers in a positive light, but proceeds to say F- you to anyone wearing black and gold. I know we can't pick our fans, but this one made this game very personal for me. For those reasons I want it to be an embarrassing beat down. My basketball sense will settle for a road victory of any score. 78-65
                          Robin Roberts: "My mother used to say, when you strut, you stumble."

Comment

The worst thing for UNI was probably our crappy second half last night. Our next two practices will be epic 3G "come to Jesus" meetings and our guys will want to take it out on the Panthers.

Comment

Originally posted by The 'hut View Post
                              This is a game I have been waiting for. At St.Lose last year, I had a NIU...all disrespect intended....family of 4 sitting in front of me. This Griswold family, a bit more like cousin Eddie than Clark, were unbelievable. Mom and Dad hammer beers repeatedly throughout the game. Middle school son followed mom's lead and stood on the railing and raised the bird repeatedly at Shocker fans and the team bench. Repeated F bombs from mom and son continued until 5th grade daughter joined in. By the end, Mom, who clearly fit the creepy Mrs. Robinson roll (picture terry cloth robe on couch covered by a blanket to cover the holes, glass of Kentucky Deluxe, cig hanging at an angle, asking boy's high school friend if he liked real women), starts the drunken spin dance that never ends well at the club. She never says anything about the Panthers in a positive light, but proceeds to say F- you to anyone wearing black and gold. I know we can't pick our fans, but this one made this game very personal for me. For those reasons I want it to be an embarrassing beat down. My basketball sense will settle for a road victory of any score. 78-65
                              It is hard to believe women like this exist....even harder to believe they bring kids to the game...and yet I know it;s true...seen it.

Having said that...I hate this game up there...the Shockers SHOULD win easily...therefore, they probably won't.

Kurt Warner 65
                              Prince McJunkin 64

Comment

Working...
                              X