Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coach K taking leave at Duke

Back surgery. Out four to six weeks.
    There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Must of got "tripped" at practice. Poor fella.
    FINAL FOURS:
    1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
    1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
    Number of Times Ranked: 157
    Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
    Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
    Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
    #3 - Dec. 2017
    #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
    #2 ~ March 2014
    Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Pretty obvious what is happening here.

Comment

Originally posted by AndShock View Post
        Pretty obvious what is happening here.
        He is having back surgery on his well known back issues?
        Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

All games lost by Duke during this stretch will not be counted against them.
          "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

I hope he takes enough time to rest. I remember when he tried to rush back in 94-95 and he ended up in bad shape. Team is in "Capel-able" hands for the time being.

Comment

*NCAA Tournament Selection Committee members take a quick second to make a note, with their ink quill and papyrus scroll (because modern logic and analytics have not yet reached their place in the time-space continuum), to remember to omit all of Duke's performance over the next four to six weeks, come March.

Comment

Originally posted by BOBB View Post
                He is having back surgery on his well known back issues?
                Unless the stress of dealing with Grayson Allen caused the back issue the timing is a bit too convenient for me. Duke now gets a free month with no consequences from losses and the Grayson Allen controversy will be solved before Coach K is back. Coach K having a month off because of medical issues is basically the best thing possible to happen to Duke right now, minus the actual medical issue.

Comment

Originally posted by AndShock View Post
                  Unless the stress of dealing with Grayson Allen caused the back issue the timing is a bit too convenient for me. Duke now gets a free month with no consequences from losses and the Grayson Allen controversy will be solved before Coach K is back. Coach K having a month off because of medical issues is basically the best thing possible to happen to Duke right now, minus the actual medical issue.
                  Legitimate LULZ. Wow.

How convenient for someone who needs surgery to opt to you know...have the surgery. People will believe all sorts of conspiracies when it comes to Duke I reckon.

And I've made this point before I think, but um this Grayson Allen tripping business, why is it such a big deal again? I mean Western Michigan had a guy on their team get charged with murder a few weeks ago and yet Coach K will deal with more media headaches over his handling of tripping then Steve Hawkins will get about having someone on your team getting charged with murder! What a country! Joe Mixon can punch a girl in the face, breaking multiple bones and the national media will make a big deal about it for 24 hours then it essentially goes away. No one questions Bob Stoops. Coach K has a guy who has an issue tripping people (kind of weird but no one has been injured because of it) and he will have to field questions the rest of the year. I mean unless he has back surgery just to get away from it all. Amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by LuskingforGuttin View Post
                    Legitimate LULZ. Wow.

How convenient for someone who needs surgery to opt to you know...have the surgery. People will believe all sorts of conspiracies when it comes to Duke I reckon.

And I've made this point before I think, but um this Grayson Allen tripping business, why is it such a big deal again? I mean Western Michigan had a guy on their team get charged with murder a few weeks ago and yet Coach K will deal with more media headaches over his handling of tripping then Steve Hawkins will get about having someone on your team getting charged with murder! What a country! Joe Mixon can punch a girl in the face, breaking multiple bones and the national media will make a big deal about it for 24 hours then it essentially goes away. No one questions Bob Stoops. Coach K has a guy who has an issue tripping people (kind of weird but no one has been injured because of it) and he will have to field questions the rest of the year. I mean unless he has back surgery just to get away from it all. Amazing.
                    Where to start.... The Western Michigan murder was a big deal. It's like the first time Western Michigan has made the news in forever. And what more is there to report? He was kicked off the team, kicked out of school and all of his stats removed from the record. Nothing more to do, and the media has nothing to follow up because....... Everything that could he done, was and it's Western Michigan.

Bob Stoops is still in hot water for how he handled the Joe Mixon incident. If I understand correctly, the video was suppressed and it is questionable whether Stoops saw it before it was recently unsealed. Also, regardless of knowledge of the video, Mixon was suspended for a year. That said, this is still haunting Stoops.

As for the tripping, this isn't the first time, plus a coach can and should control how his players compete. This is a direct reflection on the coach. While a coach can't babysit his players 24-7, he was there every single time the tripping occured. Coach K only suspended Grayson again AFTER media scrutiny. It's not murder, but it is a big deal anda reflection on Coach K and Duke.
                    There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

NCAA has already confirmed that any potential Duke losses won't count during this time. Not word for word obviously..But basically what they said.

Comment

Mixon isn't haunting Stoops to the degree that it should. I wish people would quit calling his punishment a suspension. He didn't lose any eligibility and he wasn't barred from most, maybe any, team functions. If he was suspended that would have happened. Plenty of pictures around to prove that he attended team functions . What he served was a redshirt, not a suspension. OU sucks and Stoops can EABOD.

Coach K can EABOD as well
                        One quick note before we present the rankings: With Wichita State’s move to the American Athletic Conference, the Shockers have moved out of the mid-major club. We wish the Shockers well against Cincinnati, UConn, SMU, and more.

Comment

I'm pretty sure this thread was meant to be started in "Around the NCAA."

Comment

Originally posted by Shoxthemonkey View Post
                            Mixon isn't haunting Stoops to the degree that it should. I wish people would quit calling his punishment a suspension. He didn't lose any eligibility and he wasn't barred from most, maybe any, team functions. If he was suspended that would have happened. Plenty of pictures around to prove that he attended team functions . What he served was a redshirt, not a suspension. OU sucks and Stoops can EABOD.

Coach K can EABOD as well
                            Haha. Great post!

Comment

I'm pretty sure this thread was meant to be started in "Around The NCAA."

Comment

Working...
                              X