Slightly off topic...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slightly off topic...

What is Chris Jans doing now? Has he been able to stay in coaching? Just curious...Wikipedia had nothing about his current employment.

Thanks guys!

Originally posted by IndyTreeFan View Post
    What is Chris Jans doing now? Has he been able to stay in coaching? Just curious...Wikipedia had nothing about his current employment.

Thanks guys!
    Don't even think about it :)

Comment

He's here at WSU. His bio covers it much better than I could.

Page Not Found (404): It looks like you're lost... The page you are looking for no longer exists.

Comment

Well, in order to think about it (frankly, I am :D), we'd have to be able to get rid of Lansing. Since that's never going to happen...

Comment

Thanks guys!
          Thought your team was going to pull out the OT road win versus the Care Bears. Nope, too much production from Johnson today. Even so, you should beat them at your home game.
          Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

We've hidden him in a bunker in an undisclosed location where he does nothing but watch games and analyze film for us.
            "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
              We've hidden him in a bunker in an undisclosed location where he does nothing but watch games and analyze film for us.
              And we don't want him coaching in this here Valley against us because in a few short Seasons, he would be a nemesis to play against no matter what team hired him. He can recruit, analyze opponents, and move the X and O's until the cows come home.
              Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
                And we don't want him coaching in this here Valley against us because in a few short Seasons, he would be a nemesis to play against no matter what team hired him. He can recruit, analyze opponents, and move the X and O's until the cows come home.
                Exactly! Could I start a crowdfunding effort to pay off Lansing's never ending contract? Anyone here care to donate? :good:

Comment

Exactly! Could I start a crowdfunding effort to pay off Lansing's never ending contract? Anyone here care to donate? :good:
                  I'm out, I put in $20 so you guys could get new jerseys last year. So not this year, but maybe next year if you guys need towels or basketballs. Let me know.

Comment

Originally posted by AG1219 View Post
                    I'm out, I put in $20 so you guys could get new jerseys last year. So not this year, but maybe next year if you guys need towels or basketballs. Let me know.
                    Come on, help free Chris Jans! It's a humanitarian thing to do. Since our fundraising people are completely worthless, I'm just tryin' to help! It's a win for everyone! :bball_spin:

Comment

Well, in order to think about it (frankly, I am :D), we'd have to be able to get rid of Lansing. Since that's never going to happen...
                      I understand you don't want him, but I've always thought that he got more out of a program for less budget than any coach on the Valley.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
                        I understand you don't want him, but I've always thought that he got more out of a program for less budget than any coach on the Valley.
                        You're not wrong, but you point out what I consider to be ISU's greatest weakness - being totally fine with mediocrity. ISU loves to talk about "doing more with less" and has an almost religious devotion to it. It simply allows them to refuse to get better. And Lansing is the king. And I'm still waiting for someone to tell me what he doesn't have that he needs to have in order to build a winner.

My greatest admiration of WSU is your school's refusal to live with mediocrity. Seems to me you all have a model that we should be trying to replicate, not constantly look up at.

But that's just me... :-)

Comment

I've been a Lansing supporter in the past. However, his lack of success in non-conference games he should clearly win has me rethinking my position.
                          Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

Working...
                          X