Coach's Radio Show for 12/19/16

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
    Not really. The name was floated, but not all that seriously, everyone knew it wouldn't happen. I read a thing a few days ago where some dilusional fans think they can get him now.
    Not.
    Gonna.
    Happen.

Nebraska fans are pissed. Really pissed. They thought a new arena and top notch practice facilities would magically make them great. It's not that easy.

I agree that Marshall will not go to Nebraska. He's already turned it down at least once.

Read the latest college basketball news. Keep up with college basketball rankings, scores, and stats of your favorite players and teams, all on AP News.
    ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

I knew the coaching staff mind$&@ the team when I heard they were having defenders utilize paddles to extend their reach during practice.

Anytime you do something like that it makes a team think too much and they stop playing to their instincts.

There were a number of early decisions by HCGM that had a negative impact on the game. I hope he keeps that in mind.

Comment

Originally posted by IdahoShocker View Post
        I thought also kind of funny, a couple of times MK tried to downplay the loss a little saying it's not that bad and will just make the team better down the road. But coach wasn't buying it. He said the loss was bad because the team showed no courage, and every team in the valley saw that and will come out looking to get the Shocks scared. Coach speak to fire up the guys probably, but he sounded genuinely worried about the players current attitudes.
        I don't think it was coach speak.

Comment

@proshox: Coach said a show or two ago maybe they need to use brooms to simulate tall inside players. I don't think he was necessarily serious. You think you are just hearing rumor taken from that or they really did implement the idea using paddles. BTW, I think coach knows what he is doing.
          In the fast lane

Comment

i don't expect osu to shoot that good from 3 again this season.. not while shooting it 28 times.

Comment

Originally posted by tropicalshox View Post
              @proshox: Coach said a show or two ago maybe they need to use brooms to simulate tall inside players. I don't think he was necessarily serious. You think you are just hearing rumor taken from that or they really did implement the idea using paddles. BTW, I think coach knows what he is doing.
              "The Shockers practiced Thursday and Friday at Intrust Bank Arena and they prepared for OSU’s pressure by giving defenders three-foot paddles to harass passers."

Read more here: http://www.kansas.com/sports/college/wichita-state/article121417873.html#storylink=cpy

Comment

I think Coach knowing what he is doing is right. He's the best coach in our rich history and I still trust him to get us where we want to go.

Comment

Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
                  I think Coach knowing what he is doing is right. He's the best coach in our rich history and I still trust him to get us where we want to go.
                  I agree coach is great. I am hesitant to agree with making such a unique move prepping for a team.

Comment

Coaches have used that technique in the paint forever. Tennis racquets to prepare for Alcindor, for example.

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                      Coaches have used that technique in the paint forever. Tennis racquets to prepare for Alcindor, for example.
                      Agree. I'm not sure why someone would have a problem with this approach, but maybe I'm not seeing the big picture.

Comment

I was sitting close enough to see the faces of the OSU players when the crowd began to get fired up and they were truly enjoying the large and intense crowd to where it fired them up more than our team. Just thought that was a strange sensation

Comment

I think analyzing the paddles as a factor is a bit into the weeds. They are young and talented. We expected some serious growing pains.How best to bring them along is a learning experience even for HCGM.

Comment

Originally posted by proshox View Post
                            I knew the coaching staff mind$&@ the team when I heard they were having defenders utilize paddles to extend their reach during practice.

Anytime you do something like that it makes a team think too much and they stop playing to their instincts.

There were a number of early decisions by HCGM that had a negative impact on the game. I hope he keeps that in mind.
                            They're not paddles, they are training pads and commonly used by many coaches in the country. Amazon sells them for 99.00. You would be amazed at how many times the coaches have used them without screwing with players minds. I guess I missed your call asking about that last night?

Comment

I think stunts like paddles place negative thoughts into a team's approach.

I saw multiple rushed plays, finishes, and hesitancy that were not the result of an OSU defender (especially early on).

Comment

Originally posted by proshox View Post
                                I agree coach is great. I am hesitant to agree with making such a unique move prepping for a team.
                                It's NOT unique.

Comment

Working...
                                X