• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coach's Radio Show for 12/19/16

Coach's Radio Show for 12/19/16

1330-AM KNSS NewsRadio
    98.7-FM KNSS NewsRadio

6-7 p.m.

All news, and all that matters to you in the Wichita region, plus 24-hour traffic updates, weather & more. Stream, read and download KNSS-AM from any device on Audacy.

Volunteers to ask why we can't defend the drive and kickout? How about timeouts?
    Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

I'd leave Gregg be. :) I'm sure he's still pissed.

Comment

According to coach there was 2 players who couldn't handle practice today and bowed out. He said it was very telling.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
          According to coach there was 2 players who couldn't handle practice today and bowed out. He said it was very telling.
          What does "bowed out" mean?

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker1976 View Post
            What does "bowed out" mean?
            Does that mean they quit the team? Quit the practice or quit a particular drill?
            There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

Bowed out to me means they said bye Felecia and and said screw you guys I'm going home

Comment

Originally posted by choida View Post
                Bowed out to me means they said bye Felecia and and said screw you guys I'm going home
                I hope not.
                There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

OK. I couldn't listen. That's it!!!

One hour talk show with Coach and all anybody got was a cryptic comment about how 2 players handled a tough practice?

Comment

Mike asked how practice went and how players responded. To me at least, Mike was fishing for something positive.

Gregg: "You want the truth?"

You know things weren't going well at that point.

Comment

I can think of several possibilities of what he may have meant when he said "bowing out".

Comment

I got the feeling that both players who bowed out were due to injuries or some kind of physcial problem. Whether 3G thought those were real or imagined it was hard to tell. But he said one player said he sustained an injury in the OSU game but 3G said he didn't say anything about it on Saturday.

3G said that we don't have the kind of players that can do some damage in the NCAA Tournment on talent alone, It takes something extra for our talent level. Toughness, smarts and determination or something along those lines for example.

Comment

Said FVV would have gotten 10 layups against that osu pressure but our newbies don't know how to handle that defense yet.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonWu View Post
                            Said FVV would have gotten 10 layups against that osu pressure but our newbies don't know how to handle that defense yet.
                            And that's why Fred's in the NBA

Comment

Heard about the first half of it.......remembering......thought a hard practice would be ok, because the players "didn't expend a lot of energy on Saturday."

I thought he said 2 or 3 players failed to finish, claiming injuries or cramps. He hinted that he didn't believe them.

Comment

Working...
                              X