Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2016-17 TV Viewership

Originally posted by shocker3 View Post
    I found some tv ratings for this year's games at the Bahamas. I believe the 3 games drew better than last years first three games on national TV. The LSU game drew 262K on a Wednesday afternoon on espn 2. https://sportstvratings.com/timberwo...-23-2016/6924/

The Louisville game drew 546K on Thanksgiving Day on espn. https://sportstvratings.com/lsu-texa...-24-2016/6946/

The Michigan State game drew 447K on Friday, November 25 at 1pm on espn 2. https://sportstvratings.com/baylor-t...-25-2016/6948/
    Originally posted by ShockerMas View Post
    Looks like 396,000 viewers for WSU vs OU in the 4:17-6:16PM window on ESPN2

https://sportstvratings.com/heisman-...-10-2016/7069/
    Originally posted by shox1989 View Post
    The first 3 games this year did draw better than the first 3 national TV games last year. The first 3 national TV games last year were: VS. USC, November 26, on espn 2: 288,000 viewers, vs. SLU, December 5 on espnu: 61,000 viewers and UNLV at home on espn 2: 415,000 viewers on December 9. The total viewers for those 3 games was 714,000. Based on the numbers provided above, the first 3 games this year drew 1,255,000 viewers. That is a huge increase. It does help that all 3 games this year have been on espn or espn 2, while 1 of the 3 games last year was on espnU. Also I am sure that SLU is not as good a draw as Louisville regardless of the channel the game is on.
    [QUOTE=ShockerMas;683647]
    I found some tv ratings for this year's games at the Bahamas. I believe the 3 games drew better than last years first three games on national TV. The LSU game drew 262K on a Wednesday afternoon on espn 2. [URL]https://sportstvratings.com/timberwolves

Thanks for digging these up! I'll start up another spreadsheet to track viewership for the 2016-17 season and start a new thread as we get more national TV games
    Here is the new thread I mentioned where we can post information and statistics for TV viewership for the 2016-17 season. Early season numbers look to be a bit higher than last year, although it should be noted WSU did not appear on regular ESPN in 2015-16. As we have more national TV games I will post the spreadsheet similar to last season.

An early comparison of ESPN2 numbers shows WSU games averaging 368,333 viewers this year as opposed to 281,000 last year. Still plenty of games on various channels to go though!

When we can lose a couple of well known stars like Baker and Van Vleet and our TV numbers actually get better, it is a good sign of progress for our program.

Comment

Updated table of TV viewership so far this year, ESPN2 #s still higher than last year, but lone ESPNU # lower than last year's average
      Attached Files

Comment

I found the TV ratings for the January 29 Bradley game on ESPNU. According to this link, our game drew 156K viewers. I think that is pretty good for a game on the U and is a lot better than our game against UNI drew in January on the U.

Substack home of @SportsTVRatings (authored by Robert Seidman, just sticking with the brand). Click to read @SportsTVRatings, by Robert Seidman, a Substack publication with hundreds of subscribers.

Comment

Didn't know where to put this. ESPN has selected the season finale @ Missouri State. Game will be at 11 AM Central. http://www.mvc-sports.com/mbasketbal.../#.WJif_xG7rIV

ISUr @ UNI at 1 PM on CBS Sports Network.

Comment

Originally posted by shocks02 View Post
            Didn't know where to put this. ESPN has selected the season finale @ Missouri State. Game will be at 11 AM Central. http://www.mvc-sports.com/mbasketbal.../#.WJif_xG7rIV

ISUr @ UNI at 1 PM on CBS Sports Network.
            Crappy start time for fans driving from Wichita for the game. Going to be a Friday night stay or an early morning I guess.

Comment

I'm hopefully making the trip so it'll be an early morning for me I guess. Its just over a 4 hour drive so leaving by 6 should get you there in time.
              Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

If it's for a championship I'll definitely be there.

Comment

Good! One more time to show the nation...ahhh-hmmmm selection committee!!! Dial us in Coach...let's leave no doubt about the eye test!!!!!
                  FINAL FOURS:
                  1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                  1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                  Number of Times Ranked: 157
                  Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                  Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                  Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                  #3 - Dec. 2017
                  #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                  #2 ~ March 2014
                  Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

I already bought our tickets for the game at MO State. I was hoping for a night game or at least a late afternoon game. The 11 AM start may make it very hard for us to get there. It is the worst possible start time for me.

Comment

I already bought our tickets for the game at MO State. I was hoping for a night game or at least a late afternoon game. The 11 AM start may make it very hard for us to get there. It is the worst possible start time for me.
                      How much are the tickets for decent seats or if you can send me a link to look that would be helpful thanks in advance!
                      ShockerNut 2305

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerNut2305 View Post
                        How much are the tickets for decent seats or if you can send me a link to look that would be helpful thanks in advance!
                        Prices range from $10 to $60 each: http://purchase.tickets.com/buy/Tick...=MISV_PLAGENCY

Comment

Thank you I appreciate it!
                          ShockerNut 2305

Comment

Our blowout win against the redbirds drew 308K on ESPN2:

Substack home of @SportsTVRatings (authored by Robert Seidman, just sticking with the brand). Click to read @SportsTVRatings, by Robert Seidman, a Substack publication with hundreds of subscribers.

Comment

Our blowout win over Loyola on ESPNU drew 78K. That is about half the audience that our game against Bradley drew on ESPNU. I am sure glad the Valley added that huge Chicago TV market.

Comment

Working...
                              X