Austin Reaves and Daishon Smith dynamic duo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Austin Reaves and Daishon Smith dynamic duo

Just wrote this article, but when doing a little research on their advanced statistics, it is pretty shocking just how efficient the duo are this early in their careers. Both are in the top 3 of efficiency from the floor shooting. They lead the team in win shares per 40 minutes played, and Smith is assisting on 30% of Shocker points when he's on the floor.

Starting the season with so many questions at the guard position, Smith and Reaves have been one hell of a safety blanket thus far for the backcourt.
    ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

I know I'm crazy, but on more than a handful of occasions I have. Watched Austin do something and think, A Wessel that can really shoot and score. He dives on the floor, battles underneath the basket and get good position. On the interior defense. He's getting better at on-balls defenses, too. Can't wait to see the effects on one, two and three years of Kerry and the coaches
    "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
    ---------------------------------------
    Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
    "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
    "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
      I know I'm crazy, but on more than a handful of occasions I have. Watched Austin do something and think, A Wessel that can really shoot and score. He dives on the floor, battles underneath the basket and get good position. On the interior defense. He's getting better at on-balls defenses, too. Can't wait to see the effects on one, two and three years of Kerry and the coaches
      Or a younger Jason Perez.

Comment

Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
        He'll sometimes give the others teams forwards' competition on the glass. He's right there at the rim with them trying to secure the ball. It's been a pretty consistent type of effort that I find very interesting to watch.

Comment

I basically consider Shamet pretty close to 6'5". The thought of 2 6'5" skilled and talented freshmen as the backcourt of the future has me pretty geeked!

Comment

A fine foursome

Comment

Or a shorter Larry Bird

Comment

Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post
                I basically consider Shamet pretty close to 6'5". The thought of 2 6'5" skilled and talented freshmen as the backcourt of the future has me pretty geeked!
                Austin is 6'6

Comment

Originally posted by ARShocker View Post
                  Austin is 6'6
                  It's gonna be a fun 4 years

Comment

Working...
                  X