X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
    Attendance: 11157

Come on, math guy. LMAO
    So 60/40 means WSU didn't quite have 5,000 fans there. But of course, when I asked "5,000?", it was beyond your ability to be civil and respond "no, but almost".

Also, your "barely 5,000 OU fans" statement is still dishonest and you know it.

Comment

Originally posted by LuskingforGuttin View Post
      Probably depends on whether or not the game is during football season. It certainly didn't help them that the Heisman Trophy presentation was Saturday night and they had two of the five guys in it.
      The Heisman ceremony wasn't until 7 right? The game ended at 515. That sounds like they just don't want to support their basketball team, has nothing to do with the Heisman.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamar Howard 4 President View Post
        So 60/40 means WSU didn't quite have 5,000 fans there. But of course, when I asked "5,000?", it was beyond your ability to be civil and respond "no, but almost".

Also, your "barely 5,000 OU fans" statement is still dishonest and you know it.
        No we assumed 5000 were there and it was confirmed by people who were actually THERE. So if the assumption of 5000 was made, then your math is off, math guy. ROFL
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

I didn't choose 60/40. People who went to the game reported that, so I used it. This is sooo dumb, even for a Jamar/Fever convo.

Comment

Careful what you say to jamar. You have to be 100% correct when you step on his grass.
            People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
            Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

I didn't choose 60/40. People who went to the game reported that, so I used it. This is sooo dumb, even for a Jamar/Fever convo.
              People who went to the game also reported 5000.

I can play this dumbass game all day too.
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Some thought 5,000. Some didn't. There wasn't consensus. It turns out my question was a reasonable one to ask, but you saw my name and immediately went into battle mode.

Fever, I'll readily admit that you make *some* reasonable posts. I don't jump you on those. Can I ask you to return the favor? I think the whole board is tired of this crap.

Comment

Some thought 5,000. Some didn't. There wasn't consensus. It turns out my question was a reasonable one to ask, but you saw my name and immediately went into battle mode.

Fever, I'll readily admit that you make *some* reasonable posts. I don't jump you on those. Can I ask you to return the favor?
                  It was 4,743.5 ... I counted

Comment

Many of us did. This was also a GUESS. I doubt anyone was able to get a really accurate count, I sure didn't as I was busy cheering on the Shocks. Many of us estimated about a 60/40 split which comes out to around 4460 out of the announced attendance of 11,157.

The POINT of this thread was how awesome it was that thousands of Shocker fans made the trip to support our team. Does it really matter that much what the actual number was?

We Went, We Were Loud, We Won!
                    Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

Sigh ,,, ya'lls hardons for each other get's tiresome. Why don't ya'll just get a room and work it out.
                      IN OTHER NEWS ,, SHOCKER fans represent in awesome fashion in OKC
                      From the road I listen (Tune In radio) at home I watch ( season Ticks )

Comment

Was there. I would have estimated 3K WSU fans, but I am no expert. I would have guessed the attendance to be closer to 70/30 in favor of OU. They had a fairly sizable student section and most of the lower bowl, minus a couple of sections were OU fans. Not sure why it matters, WSU always travels fairly well and tends to be fairly vocal.

Somewhat surprised though that WSU's biggest fan ShockFever did not make the trip. I really thought he loved WSU more than anyone else.

JH4P, for what it is worth, I find you to be the one of the more reasonable and meaningful contributors to this board. Certainly more meaningful than most of the individuals who like to hammer you for no apparent reason.

Comment

Originally posted by WheatShock View Post
                          Many of us did. This was also a GUESS. I doubt anyone was able to get a really accurate count, I sure didn't as I was busy cheering on the Shocks. Many of us estimated about a 60/40 split which comes out to around 4460 out of the announced attendance of 11,157.

The POINT of this thread was how awesome it was that thousands of Shocker fans made the trip to support our team. Does it really matter that much what the actual number was?

We Went, We Were Loud, We Won!
                          I agree. The point of the thread was awesome. The point of the thread should have been to appreciate Shocker Nation for how well it travels and crazy well it represents. But then you had a person come in and the first response of the whole thread was to question how many WSU fans were there as if it were unfanthomable to believe such a possibility.

For a thread that was created to appreciate those fans, was a question really necessary about the validity of the number especially since it's confirmed to be fairly reasonable and approximate?
                          Deuces Valley.
                          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by Wild Heiny View Post
                            Was there. I would have estimated 3K WSU fans, but I am no expert. I would have guessed the attendance to be closer to 70/30 in favor of OU. They had a fairly sizable student section and most of the lower bowl, minus a couple of sections were OU fans. Not sure why it matters, WSU always travels fairly well and tends to be fairly vocal.

Somewhat surprised though that WSU's biggest fan ShockFever did not make the trip. I really thought he loved WSU more than anyone else.

JH4P, for what it is worth, I find you to be the one of the more reasonable and meaningful contributors to this board. Certainly more meaningful than most of the individuals who like to hammer you for no apparent reason.
                            So I can't be a fan in Wichita? I find it ironic that you traveled down to OKC for a game but bitches about going to Koch to watch the team in your backyard. You a closet OU fan?

Also, ABC, I've had to scold you numerous times before and you're the ONLY one who does this but it's ShockERFever. The extra 2 letters shouldn't be difficult.
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

as if it were unfanthomable to believe such a possibility.
                              Your words, not mine.

especially since it's confirmed to be fairly reasonable and approximate?
                              It was only "confirmed" after I asked the question. I'm glad I asked, because I wouldn't have guessed it was that high, and that is good news that it appears it was.

Why can't you simply argue what I say honestly and stop making stuff up?

Comment

Why'd you ask the question if the answer was already given?
                                Deuces Valley.
                                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                                X