X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Giacoletti out at Drake?

Scott Reister
    @scottreister 9m
    BREAKING: Ray Giacoletti has resigned his position as Drake Head Coach. Source has told me. Press conference at 2:30

DaHell?
    "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

Yeah. That wasn't working. Time to move on. To D2. And I'm not talking about the coach.

Comment

Not a surprise, though I thought he'd last the rest of the year.

Drake has had a disgraceful record playing disgracefully easy schedules. Not a good combo for job security.
        "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

I am available. I'm confident that my coaching could lead Drake to a D1 win this year, and we would be fun to watch. Heck, if we got lucky and won 2 games, I might get myself a shiny MVC COY award.

Comment

Drake short list:

Keno Davis - Can't afford to pry him away from Central Michigan.
            Dana Ford - LOL, probably waiting for Muller to get fired.
            Barry Hinson - Why not? He has a few schools to go on his MVC coaching tour.
            Michael Phelps - Mark Phelps didn't work out, so . . .

Comment

Drake needs T-pain

Comment

Following up a 7-24 season with a 1-7 start with that schedule will do that.
                ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

I'm with dizzle on this. I just don't see how Drake can win at this level. Yah they had success in the 70s but times are different now. Outside of their fluke in 08, they have done NOTHING. Go ahead and look it up. No fan support, no $, in a market dominated by Iowa/Iowa State, plays in a high school gym, etc.

They really should consider D2. Honestly that's the "look" they have and have had for about 40 years. It's one of those rare situations where the conference, even as pathetic as it is, carries that program on its wimpy back.
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Marshall to Drake! You heard it here first.
                    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Originally posted by _kai_ View Post
                      Following up a 7-24 season with a 1-7 start with that schedule will do that.
                      "We didn't tackle well today but we made up for it by not blocking."
                      "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
                        "We didn't tackle well today but we made up for it by not blocking."
                        Loved it!!!!

Comment

If you have everyone back from a team that lost ten games, experience isn't too important.
                          There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

Emotion is highly overrated in football. My wife Corky is emotional as hell but can't play football worth a damn.
                            There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

John McKay was legendary for his quotes. Coaching an expansion team in Tampa will do that to you. I suppose Drake's biggest problem is they never hired a guy like McKay.

Comment

Working...
                              X