Colorado roll call

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colorado roll call

Myself the fiancee and three others will be caravaning along the ole I-70 to go watch our beloved Shox. So who else is making the trip and any recommendation on places to eat?

Trekking 2 hours north on I-25 from the Springs with my two boys and two other area Shocker fans. First live game in two years...so yeah I'm just a wee bit excited!

Comment

I'll be there with a couple buddies, flying out Fri afternoon

Comment

Wife and I leaving tomorrow noon. Staying in Denver. Marlowe's on the 16th Street Mall scalds a mean steak.

Comment

3 of us getting in some skiing again tomorrow and then headed to the Fort. Post game at Domenic's with some Colorado friends. CB & Potts for pre-game. Crown Pub and Coopersmith's are good. Austins or Bisetti's for a nicer meal.

Comment

Heading up to Ft. Collins Saturday morning with Rocky Mountain Shockette. The alumni chapter here in Denver bought a whole block of seats in Section C, so we'll be reppin' loud.

Try Nordy's in Loveland for excellent BBQ. Rodizio Grill on Jefferson Street in Ft. Collins is a good Brazilian Steakhouse. Coopersmith's Pub is a great bar/restaurant in downtown FC. Snooze on Mountain Ave. in FC serves a mean breakfast.
            "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

I'll be there with my wife and daughter. We will be wearing black and yellow for their "special" White-out game!!

Comment

Heading out tomorrow morning. Guys weekend. Looking forward to a great weekend.

Comment

You guys will love Ft Collins. Grew up in ICT, went to school out there. Had to choose between the Shocker game or the last football game at Hughes Stadium...we chose the football game.
                  If staying up there, make sure to hit up the Silver Grill for breakfast (get there before 8:30) Best cinnamon rolls ever, and a Make your own Bloody Mary bar. Rio is a Mexican restaurant in Old Town. Used to be a staple for students on Friday nights. Great margaritas, but believe them when they tell you to not drink more than 3.... Old Town at night is awesome. Tons of bars and restaurants.
                  Take the drive up to horesetooth reservoir as well. It's about a 15min drive from Campus. Beautiful views and tons of walking trails. If feeling energetic, hike up to the "A" on the mountain above Hughes Stadium. Takes about an hour to get up and down....well worth it if you are into that.

Comment

If you love craft beers, this is the place to be. With so many choices, you may want to stay an extra day (or two). There's a number I haven't been to (when I'm able to be there, it's hard not to go back to favs), but here's my picks: Top Picks in no particular order: Odell (long time favorite), Black Bottle, Equinox, Funkworks (give me some of that funky beer), and Horse and Dragon. Other very good picks: New Belgium (best tour), Coopersmith (good food), and Ft Collins Brewery (beers have improved and we had good food).

Check this out: http://fortcollinsbreweryguide.com/breweries.aspx

Comment

You had me at make your own Bloody Mary bar.

Comment

Glad to see some shocker faithful making the trip. Thanks for all the recomendations and we will see you all at the game. Ill be the one wearing black and yellow!😁 GO SHOXS!!!

Comment

Not sure what everyone is up to tonight, but @sdshox: and the Mrs are heading downtown Fort Collins. Would love to meet up with some fellow shocker fans if any are around. Likely headed to the Crown Pub for starters shortly.

Comment

We are staying in Denver. Damn.

Comment

Coopersmiths for lunch. Damned fine IPA!

Comment

Working...
                              X