WSU Versus Colorado St. Predictions and Pregame Discussions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WSU Versus Colorado St. Predictions and Pregame Discussions

Here's the deal. As the Shocks go on the cold and lonely road to lock horns with the Ram's in our first real road game of the Season, are our Shocks road warriors as we have been over Seasons' in times past? Hope so because CSU has won around 7 home games in a row. Many teams are guilty of playing to the level of their foes and crumble like a old cookie. Thus, what happens, is such teams instead of taking tough teams as CSU by the horns on the road, they adapt and do the Chameleon Shuffle, get their game plan dictated, and end up with a severe headache instead of a needed win.

CSU plays in the Mountain West and were 18-16 last Season and 5-1 right now. Paige, Clavell, and Omogbo lead the Rams who are a solid home team. They did lose a road game to Stanford and play Colorado on the road Wed. p.m. Wins on the road are of essence to Dance and leaves foes and home fans to soliloquize all the way home.

The Shocks are now 6-2 and really need this tough win. Coach Marshall is still searching for team chemistry but we do have nice quality depth which is key to scratch out wins in hostile barns. I hope Austin is back and healthy to give us another key player to lead us. Look for MM, Shaq, and Shamet to be the keys to our success. This game will speak volumes of where our Shocks are at as a team as we face several salty opponents before Valley time in search of a spiffy resume'. The Baaahama tourney is behind us as we play the Rams

Ram Home Tough----- 66

MTXE Road Warriors--74
    Last edited by forevershockerfan; November 30, 2016, 09:27 AM.
    Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

I dunno. Was incredibly high on this team, but came back down to earth after Atlantis. I know I should still be fairly high on this team for hanging with ranked teams, but it's disappointing to not get a good win.

This feels like a must win game. CSU seems kinda hot right now. Hope we can pull it off.

Shockers - 73
      CSU - 62

Comment

Most of their games have been close. They did also play Maryland eastern shore and won by 11

Comment

Colorado State is not good but any road game in Colorado is tough. We (and CSU) are pretty lucky they haven't lost any stinkers yet because they've come relatively close. Maybe they'll put up a decent fight against Colorado tomorrow, that game should tell us a bit more. Regardless of whether CSU is a top 100 team (doubtful) or top 200 (likely), this game is a must win.

Shockers 76
          Colorado State 57

Comment

I'll be happy with any road win.
            Shockers by 7.

Comment

WSU 82
              CSU 62

Comment

Shocks 73, Rams 57
                "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

IMO the Rams are comparable to Loyola and SIU in the Valley; this game should be a preview of such Valley road games.

Comment

WSU 74
                    CSU 65
                    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker1976 View Post
                      IMO the Rams are comparable to Loyola and SIU in the Valley; this game should be a preview of such Valley road games.
                      Talent wise a very solid comparison. I do think The Rams defend their barn tougher IMO.
                      Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

This is one of the few games I see where the Shockers will be VERY lucky to escape with a win because of two factors...they have decent talent, AND one of the few coaches capable of matching wits with Gregg.

Comment

We know that our front line can get up for home cup cake games but
                          can they get motivated on the road? Last nights performances didn't
                          impress me. Play angry and win Saturday and I will reassess. If they
                          bring their A games we win by 15-18 but if they don't play angry we
                          may not even win at all. I'd say we won't see their A game but they
                          play well enough to win 72 - 67 thanks to CF's 3/5 threes and 6 assists
                          along with MM's 15, DW's 12 and SM's 12

Comment

Originally posted by molly jabali View Post
                            This is one of the few games I see where the Shockers will be VERY lucky to escape with a win because of two factors...they have decent talent, AND one of the few coaches capable of matching wits with Gregg.
                            I'll add that this is the first road game for a team with unproven leadership and searching for a new identity.

We don't know exactly how good either CSU and Loyola will be this year. However, Loyola may be better this year with Custer and others. This may be a good comparison and still be a relatively good RPI game.

Comment

Originally posted by molly jabali View Post
                              I only know Eustachy by reputation (D1 schools he has coached); IYO is he a better coach than Ben Jacobson at UNI?

Comment

Working...
                              X