No announcement yet.

WSU vs Louisville

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Okay. I haven't read all of this thread word for word but I thought that we played scared and in awe of the name on the opposing teams jersey. Hopefully today the dudes just ball like they have been. I know I'll get blistered for this but I thought the officiating smelled like my dogs farts after my kids feed him hamburger helper! I felt like the outcome on Louisville's first game was too close to be repeated against us and that UL was going to the Championship game whether they beat us or not.

So let's go get Michigan State. We need this one.

Comment

• Wait. Do I have to root for Louisville against Baylor now?

Comment

• How often and when should CF look to take the open three in the first 10 seconds of the possession?

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave Stalwart View Post
          Wait. Do I have to root for Louisville against Baylor now?
          Yes. And for LSU against VCU today.

Comment

• Originally posted by top20shock View Post
            This. That little squirrel Pitino will get his in the end. I think Marshall will do it to him. I feel it in me bones boys. Have faith. See them in March! Yes.
            squirrel <giggles>
            "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

• I'm dumfounded!

I check ShockerNet the day after a loss and the majority of posts in the game trhead are not only sensible, but most are outstanding observations showing clear thinking and understanding.

There are some outstanding posts in this thread. Too many for me to list all the great observations I've seen
              The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
              We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Capitol Shock II View Post
                Okay. I haven't read all of this thread word for word but I thought that we played scared and in awe of the name on the opposing teams jersey.
                So let's go get Michigan State. We need this one.
                headlights
                "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                  Yes. And for LSU against VCU today.
                  UL vs Baylor seems like some kind of epic battle of shadyness. Which scandal upsets me more? It's too hard to tell. Very even matchup...

Comment

• Originally posted by boltforge View Post
                    How often and when should CF look to take the open three in the first 10 seconds of the possession?
                    I say when we're down 10 or so with around 2 min left in the game and our bigs down low aren't getting it done. So this game was perfect for that. I was really wanting him to hunt for a shot.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave Stalwart View Post
                      UL vs Baylor seems like some kind of epic battle of shadyness. Which scandal upsets me more? It's too hard to tell. Very even matchup...
                      I was waiting for the announcers to say:

Anas unloads and flushes one down the hole.

Or: Anas hesitates, drops off Deng, then explodes to complete the deuce.
                      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by proshox View Post
                        I have read through the whole thread and this is the first jaw dropping post. I don't think you understand the game as well as you ref it.

This game was lost by a number of guys playing outside of their ability. Starting with Shaq's travel, his dropped defensive rebound, and a step back corner three that was all in a sequence. Zach than had a horrid defensive game followed up with a number of bad shots and missed free throws. RK didn't get anything done. I could go on and on, but at the last person on the list is CF.
                        Pro,
                        You're a pretty reasonable dude, so replying with a civil post is the least I can do.

First of all, I like CF. I really do. There is always a place on the floor for a player who works hard and brings a certain talent to the game.

However, just because I note a shortcoming in his game (actually ability) seems to just irritate the hell out of certain slapdicks on here.
                        It is what it is.

My notation on Thursday came from his attempt to guard Snider. When he backed off, Snider fired away and along with Deng, was their only consistent scoring threat.
                        After giving up a couple of open jumpers, he then tightened up only to have Snider drive right by him. When the help defense came up, Snider kicked off to the open shooter (either Deng or Mitchell), who fired away.

He is a great shooter and when he has the right match up, can suffice as a PG. Think MES, Drake & UE.
                        Against big time D-1 talent, the foot speed is not there to maintain a legal guarding position. It doesn't make him a bad guy. It's just what god given talent he possesses.

Marshall & Co are anything but stupid. Why do you think they were scouring the country all last year for a PG with foot speed.
                        Enter DS (who, by the way was 1 of 10 PG's they were checking out).

He has his place and will help this team win many games this year. But his lack of foot speed will be a hindrance when it comes to guarding the majority of D-1 PG's.

That is all.
                        Above all, make the right call.

Comment

Working...
                        X