Put 'em in the Holsters!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Put 'em in the Holsters!!

One of the single greatest moments in Shocker history!

Thank you, Nurger, for blessing us mere mortals with this gift!

Last edited by Shock Top; November 23, 2016, 04:48 PM.
    The Assman

I cracked up when I saw that. Don't start getting cocky Nurger.

Comment

It was indeed an awesome moment. It is so great to see how far this young man has progressed in his basketball skills and physical strength. Now he enjoys the fruits of his hard work. Good job Rauno!
      ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ View Post
        One of the single greatest moments in Shocker history!

Thank you, Nurger, for blessing us mere mortals with this gift!
        That was similar to what I also said in the game thread right after the game. Then later he did a salute from the bench cheering on his Shocks. Would Eddie Fogler have benched him as he did when he did Sasha on his famous move with the ball between his legs that faked foes out of their minds? Prolly, but I see Rauno make lots of shots in warm ups just like the ones he made today with the beaming lights glaring. Just think when both he and CF get their confidence going strong as the games march on. Watch Out!!!!!!!!!!!
        Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
          That was similar to what I also said in the game thread right after the game. Then later he did a salute from the bench cheering on his Shocks. Would Eddie Fogler have benched him as he did when he did Sasha on his famous move with the ball between his legs that faked foes out of their minds? Prolly, but I see Rauno make lots of shots in warm ups just like the ones he made today with the beaming lights glaring. Just think when both he and CF get their confidence going strong as the games march on. Watch Out!!!!!!!!!!!
          right. and i think zach brown could do with some conficence too. a couple of his three point attempts were way-- off.

c'mon, zach, you were wide--open.

Comment

What made it even better was the announcers saying "Did you see that?!" Followed by a full analytical breakdown of the epicness.

Pure (black and) gold.
            The Assman

Comment

Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
              You would be correct. Only difference is that Sasha's was technically a basketball move not a celebratory one. Not sure the game was as fun for Sasha for awhile after that.

Comment

Can we get a video? I didn't see it. I may have to re-run the game on ESPN3 and take a look.

Comment

Perfect commentary! Got a big chuckle when the announcer did it.
                  FINAL FOURS:
                  1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                  1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                  Number of Times Ranked: 157
                  Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                  Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                  Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                  #3 - Dec. 2017
                  #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                  #2 ~ March 2014
                  Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

I was looking for it on YouTube, but no luck yet.

I'm sure some loyal SNer will upload it this evening.
                    The Assman

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
                      You would be correct. Only difference is that Sasha's was technically a basketball move not a celebratory one. Not sure the game was as fun for Sasha for awhile after that.
                      Don't know if he enjoyed the rest of the game but that play still lives vividly in many memories. A few moments in Eddie's doghouse probably worth an eternal place in Shocker lore.
                      Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

Having the 5's be able to pick and pop for 3 point shots is huge with a shorter time clock. If they hit their open 3's at greater than 33% you will see lanes start to really open for guards and back cuts.

Comment

That was hilarious! And it made me think that they probably don't have any gunfighter history in Estonia, so Rauno has become a Kansan!

Comment

I added the image, but no video yet. I'll add it to the first post once one is posted.
                            The Assman

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Stalwart View Post
                              Can we get a video? I didn't see it. I may have to re-run the game on ESPN3 and take a look.
                              On ESPN3 replay, it starts a little after the 1h4m mark.
                              "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Working...
                              X