Darrlyn Willis Promise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Darrlyn Willis Promise

Surprised that so many shocker fans have not mentioned the high level play he showed the past few games. Forevershocker fan was the voice of reason after one underwhelming jitter game one when he was 1 for 6 on field goals. Nice Mid range jumper while being a quick explosive player off the drouble. You can never have to many people that can score. He will be one of our best players this season if he continues to improve. Even complemented Coach Marshall for making him learn to play defense. Smart young man! Keep up the good work young man .
    Last edited by homegrownshocker; November 19, 2016, 09:25 PM.

He apparently doesn't need to be taught too much about navigating the baseline, because the guy already has some pretty good moves on the block!

Comment

I'm definitely on the Darral wagon. A step up physically from Anton with the same type of range. Just got done watching a replay of the Tulsa game and he will be fine defensively. We will enjoy him for two years and I anticipate big things from Darral.
      Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post
        He apparently doesn't need to be taught too much about navigating the baseline, because the guy already has some pretty good moves on the block!

Good observation for sure. His confidence is growing fast &.I think he will be on attack mode most of the time. Loves physical contact. His poster dunk try off the steal would have been great. When he didn't get high enough to finish he just had such a look of surprise on his face. Always like aggressive plays despite the fact that they're not all successful.

Comment

He reminds me of a less bulky Wayman Tisdale. I think that if he increases his bulk, strength, and his shooting range, he has a chance at the league.

Comment

Do any here ever remember a Shocker team bring in 3 players off the bench as good as Willis, Reaves, and MM? WOW!!! This is like a trifecta shot of energy along with even more subs that are doing nice things for us too.

Just because 3G does not start you does not mean you won't get your minutes, more minutes than starters depending on match ups and who is having a good night, or even be in the game at the end when the heat is on.

What I really like about Willis along with what is being mentioned above is his ability to lead us into that strong rebounding team again. Rebounds begets extra possessions which begets potential extra points on the scoreboard for our Shocks. There will be those games where foul trouble will show its ugly head which is why our Coaching Staff shave daily and get us quality depth at least 10-13 deep.
            Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
              Do any here ever remember a Shocker team bring in 3 players off the bench as good as Willis, Reaves, and MM? WOW!!! This is like a trifecta shot of energy along with even more subs that are doing nice things for us too.

Just because 3G does not start you does not mean you won't get your minutes, more minutes than starters depending on match ups and who is having a good night, or even be in the game at the end when the heat is on.

What I really like about Willis along with what is being mentioned above is his ability to lead us into that strong rebounding team again.
              Rebounds begets extra possessions which begets potential extra points on the scoreboard for our Shocks. There will be those games where foul trouble will show its ugly head which is why our Coaching Staff shave daily and get us quality depth at least 10-13 deep.
              To be the leaader he first needs to catch Kelly (20 reb per 40 min) and MM (13.6) and Hamilton (12.7). He's currently at 12.3, so he's definitely a force. Certainly has the attitude.
              "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
              ---------------------------------------
              Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
              "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
              "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
                To be the leaader he first needs to catch Kelly (20 reb per 40 min) and MM (13.6) and Hamilton (12.7). He's currently at 12.3, so he's definitely a force. Certainly has the attitude.
                Where is Shaq in this mix? I also am hoping Nurger keeps progressing in this area and we become a team of rebounding force at a National level again. Can you imagine our rebounding next Season with so many returning players along with adding A.M.?

We also got lots of rebounding from the guard slots with FVV and Baker the last 3 Seasons. I'm thinking #11 will be a solid rebounder as the Season marches on.
                Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Where is Shaq in this mix?
                  Sitting on the bench with 3 fouls.
                  The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
                    He reminds me of a less bulky Wayman Tisdale. I think that if he increases his bulk, strength, and his shooting range, he has a chance at the league.
                    That would be wonderful for us if he meets this potential & I do see some similarities. Left handed players that have range with quick post up moves. Physicality & competitive. Tisdale was one of the best players in the college game even as a Freshman.

Comment

What I really like about Willis along with what is being mentioned above is his ability to lead us into that strong rebounding team again. Rebounds begets extra possessions which begets potential extra points on the scoreboard for our Shocks. There will be those games where foul trouble will show its ugly head which is why our Coaching Staff shave daily and get us quality depth at least 10-13 deep.
                      And that does not mention DS. Holy cow he looked good today. At this point, because the starting five may change, our first 4 off the bench would compare favorably against any team in the country. Without a doubt. Thank you Kyle Lindsted for finding Mr. Reaves.

Comment

Working...
                      X