No announcement yet.

WSU vs Tulsa Post Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hope, when KSU comes to IBA to play Tulsa, Tulsa creams them.

Comment

Originally posted by Bluzrover View Post
      The more I watch Reaves, the less he appears a freshman. He may break some assist records of Shockers not named Fred VanVleet before he's done here.
      FIFY. I would agree with you if it wasn't for the fact that Fred put some of those numbers out of reach. If Austin plays a full healthy four years, he'll certainly have the time to reach those numbers, but to catch some of Fred's assist numbers will be very difficult.
      78-65

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post
        I had to read your reply twice; the first time I read it as "Easy", as in slow down with the accolades and then I read it again. :)

You read it right the 1st time. Reaves is really, really good. But, FRED VANVLEET

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post
          Someone help me out here; the first time I saw Willis, he reminded me of someone, but for the 'life of me', I can't think who that someone is?
          Looks a little bit like Denzel Washington.

Darrall helped out at Ron Baker's basketball camps this summer and my 9-year old grandson loved him and my wife also said she was impressed with what a nice young man he seemed to be.

Last edited by 1972Shocker; November 17, 2016, 06:21 PM.

Comment

I still smile at Willis's comment after "The Canadian Incident". "He's strong for an old man."

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
              Looks a little bit like Denzel Washington.

Darrall helped out at Ron Baker's basketball camps this summer and my 9-year old grandson loved him and my wife also said she was impressed with what a nice young man he seemed to be.

Yeah, I think you are right.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                Easy
                Yeah, you're right, I'm getting a bit too excited about the kid. Besides that, he's got at least two other PGs ahead of him in the rotation. Fred just had to contend with Malcolm his freshman tear. After that, the team was his. Austin will share the point for his first two years for sure.

Comment

Yeah, you're right, I'm getting a bit too excited about the kid. Besides that, he's got at least two other PGs ahead of him in the rotation. Fred just had to contend with Malcolm his freshman tear. After that, the team was his. Austin will share the point for his first two years for sure.
                  It's possible the 3G will find this 10-12 starter thing to his liking and the 4 to 5 mix and match combo guards that are inlcuded in that as well. That may make setting individual career records difficult but it might put some team records in jeapardy. I'd take breaking the 4 year mark for wins.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                    It's possible the 3G will find this 10-12 starter thing to his liking and the 4 to 5 mix and match combo guards that are inlcuded in that as well. That may make setting individual career records difficult but it might put some team records in jeapardy. I'd take breaking the 4 year mark for wins.
                    Any wins record is good with me. Personally, I'd prefer the wind in a season with this bunch. :)

Comment

I didn't intend to be the enthusiasm nazi. I'm thrilled fans are excited....hell, I'm excited! I just always hate when we as fans get so excited about how great recruits are that haven't stepped a foot on campus or extrapolating 3 home games against sub par competition to best one of the top 5 players in the history of a program.

But clearly the young man has wide variety of intangibles in addition to a big skill set.

Comment

But clearly the young man has wide variety of intangibles in addition to a big skill set.
                        and you know what they say about guys with big skill sets...

Comment

I didn't intend to be the enthusiasm nazi. I'm thrilled fans are excited....hell, I'm excited! I just always hate when we as fans get so excited about how great recruits are that haven't stepped a foot on campus or extrapolating 3 home games against sub par competition to best one of the top 5 players in the history of a program.

I didn't take it as a Nazi move. It is, after all, only three games. But when the head coach is commenting on the young man this early in the season, it's hard not to get overly excited. Especially after watching the tape again. You're spot on. This team and the players that are on the roster aren't geared toward individual stats but are focused on winning as a team. That's 3g's genius; his ability to get some very talented individuals to put individual accolades aside for the bigger prize. Sounds pretty simple, but not so easy in the real world.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Stalwart View Post

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Stalwart View Post
                              Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                              They are broke?
                              People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
                              Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                                They buy crappy quality power tools?

Comment

Working...
                                X