No announcement yet.

Tulsa game thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm starting to feel ready to make the annual "every player on our entire roster would start at other schools in the MVC" comments. Yes that includes Simon, Hamilton and Keyser. This team is really deep.

Comment

The halftime segment mentioned Frankamp deferring to Ron and Fred last year and he needs to take over this season and be the leader. I think Frankamp is going to be deferring to Landry and Austin the rest of his college career and that is perfectly fine. He can still be a valuable contributor but I think it's going to be as a role player.

Is it time for B4A yet?

Comment

Nice win. They look better than expected this early in the season.
        I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Stalwart View Post
          I'm starting to feel ready to make the annual "every player on our entire roster would start at other schools in the MVC" comments. Yes that includes Simon, Hamilton and Keyser. This team is really deep.
          Every other school except illinois state, of course.
          "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
            Our young guys just might be naive enough to think they can beat anyone.
            Is it really naïveté though?

Comment

Really impressed with Reaves' composure. Great court awareness and shows excellent leadership qualities. Reaves and Shamet are the next VanVleet and Baker. :)

Comment

Originally posted by AndShock View Post
                Is it really naïveté though?
                Speaking from an outsiders perspective, as you know, we can't possibly replace Baker and Van Vleet and think we are, gulp, better this year, right?
                "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

When we bring in 3--John Havliceks' in by the names of "Austin "all-seeing" Reaves", 'M-plain-M-peanut' and "Mr. Willis Sir, Yes Sir", it makes for mass confusion for our foes. This game did not remind me of the barn-burner games like at their house when Tom Kosich got the tip in at the buzzer for the big win many moons ago. When I brought that tip in up to him on the radio years ago, Tom referred to it as "the tip that was heard around the world."
                  Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
                    Our young guys just might be naive enough to think they can beat anyone.
                    What's Gregg's excuse?

Comment

• Originally posted by vancedave56 View Post
                      Really impressed with Reaves' composure. Great court awareness and shows excellent leadership qualities. Reaves and Shamet are the next VanVleet and Baker. :)
                      And they've got McDuffie to work with. We loved Cotton, and McDuffie brings an entirely different game. If we have to replace Baker/Cotton/VanVleet, and of course we do, Reaves/Shamet/McDuffie seems like it's going to work.
                      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                        And they've got McDuffie to work with. We loved Cotton, and McDuffie brings an entirely different game. If we have to replace Baker/Cotton/VanVleet, and of course we do, Reaves/Shamet/McDuffie seems like it's going to work.
                        and how..

Comment

• Anybody give the points?
                          Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• This team is a lot of fun to watch. Landry, Conner, and Smith were off...so what? We've got McDuffie, Willis, Zach Brown, Nurger, and some kid named Reaves. He any good?

The last two games from Brown are encouraging. That's how expected him to play this year. Excited to see him busting out a little bit. Now let's get Rashard's confidence built back up.

Comment

• Once again, HOW GOOD IS AUGUSTA UNIVERSITY?

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave Stalwart View Post
                                Once again, HOW GOOD IS AUGUSTA UNIVERSITY?
                                I'm sure they're pretty encouraged right now.
                                The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                                We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Working...
                                X