No announcement yet.

Conner Frankamp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Conner's aggressiveness continues to improve with every game. Would love to see him take many more shots when he's open than he does.

Comment

Originally posted by 60Shock View Post
      Conner's aggressiveness continues to improve with every game. Would love to see him take many more shots when he's open than he does.
      I'm more frustrated that his teammates don't feed him more aggressively when he has shown recently to be a very hot hand. Just nit picking. I'd just like to see home get more shots.

Comment

Originally posted by Shocktoberfest View Post
        I'm more frustrated that his teammates don't feed him more aggressively when he has shown recently to be a very hot hand. Just nit picking. I'd just like to see home get more shots.
        I suspect his teammates are running the offense as it's designed, which seems to be to work the ball inside or to set up passing angles to get the ball inside.

If the system is designed to get the ball to Frankamp and the players aren't doing it when he's open, that's an entirely different issue. That would be a team chemistry issue, and it would indicate the other players on the team don't like Frankamp.

The players are either running the system or they're not passing to Frankamp because he's pissed them off. The other possibility is that they think that when they pass Frankamp the ball it goes East/West instead of North/South and the only real effect is that 5 seconds comes off the shot clock.

Now that Frankamp is lighting up the scoreboard, he's likely to get the ball thrown to him more often. When he was tentative and just threw the ball to a wing when he got it, it didn't accomplish anything to throw the ball to him.
        The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
        We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

He's done it three games in a row now, which is huge. I'm almost a believer. Talent's never been the question.

Comment

If he keeps getting 10 shots a game that is the right amount with our balanced offense. While he has been hot, we also don't want to depend on him too much.
            You miss 100% of the shots you don't take....

.....but, statistically speaking, you miss 99% of the shots you do take.

Comment

Originally posted by Steeleshocker View Post
              If he keeps getting 10 shots a game that is the right amount with our balanced offense. While he has been hot, we also don't want to depend on him too much.
              Seems like he gets most of his shots within the offense. Or at least he doesn't seem to force the issue that much. I get the impression he's more than willing to make the simple pass to maintain the flow. Should bode well for when/if he cools off a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
                I get the impression he's more than willing to make the simple pass to maintain the flow. Should bode well for when/if he cools off a bit.
                He usually isn't taking the shots early in the clock and after a few passes. A few exceptions to this has been on the break. I personally think he has the athletic ability to drive it to the rim even if he attacks bigger centers ala Fred. However, he doesn't seem to be comfortable with this so I'll just accept the new aggressive Conner. Coach and the team seem supportive too.

Comment

I've always stood by my 11/14/16 comments above and
                  never doubted his abilities. He takes care of the ball !

Comment

I have been more pleased with the asists CF is making -- in the last four games, half are in the paint/layup/dunk as opposed to jumpers (2) and 3-pointers (5).

Now I am NOT opposed to making 3-point shots, at all. However many times those "assists" on 3-pointers are getting rid of the ball so someone else can shoot it rather than really creating or running the offense. Of the five 3-pt assists references, Shamet had 3 with Brown and Kelly one each.

In the previous four games Loyoka, @ILS, @Evan and INS, 6 of his 7 assists were for three-point shots.

Very pleased with the improvement in this area and greatly enjoy his better shooting.
                    "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                    ---------------------------------------
                    Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                    "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                    "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

When Conner, Shamet, McDuffie and Shaq fire on all cylinders; we are going to be very, very tough to beat. The rest of the players respond when those 4 are ballin'. This could turn out to be a special March if we can keep the steam engine rolling.
                      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
                        However many times those "assists" on 3-pointers are getting rid of the ball so someone else can shoot it rather than really creating or running the offense.
                        How did the person making the three get open if not through running the offense? Getting the ball to someone in rhythm, in a spot they're familiar with because they've been there thousands of times thanks to practicing the offense isn't sexy but whatever works.

**and I'm not saying Frankamp is the only one who does that. That's one reason this team is so potent offensively. Foremost we have good offensive talent and we share the ball. Making the simple pass is something this team does well.

Comment

However many times those "assists" on 3-pointers are getting rid of the ball so someone else can shoot it rather than really creating or running the offense. Of the five 3-pt assists references, Shamet had 3 with Brown and Kelly one each.

Very pleased with the improvement in this area and greatly enjoy his better shooting.
                          If I'm reading what you are talking about, expert analysts refer to this as "making the extra pass". They are trying to make the defense rotate so that the shooter doesn't have a defender closing on them as they are shooting.

Comment

Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
                            If I'm reading what you are talking about, expert analysts refer to this as "making the extra pass". They are trying to make the defense rotate so that the shooter doesn't have a defender closing on them as they are shooting.
                            The extra pass and getting a more open shot is definitely a good thing

My point was, however, that I personally would rather have the assist result in layups/dunks, in-the-paint jumpers than Kelly, Nurger shooting threes. In my mind, those assists are worth more than others. My faded recollection is that many/most of CF's assists for three-pointers come from CF being outside the arc rather than from penetration/kickouts. That is why I am happy to see more of his assists resulting in in-the-paint baskets than before.
                            "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                            ---------------------------------------
                            Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                            "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                            "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

The extra pass and getting a more open shot is definitely a good thing
                              My point was, however, that I personally would rather have the assist result in layups/dunks, in-the-paint jumpers than Kelly, Nurger shooting threes.
                              Or, having the confidence to know that you can get to the free throw line when points are needed.

Comment

Conner wins MVC Player of the Week!

Comment

Working...
                                X