Koch's Roof About To Be Blown Off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Koch's Roof About To Be Blown Off

I have reached the conclusion that by recruiting AM to the Shocker roster HC3G has produced a team roster coupled with his coaching that will further establish the Shockers as a National MBB team that should and will compete for a National Championship in the very near future.

If possible and as appropriate, please help me temper my enthusiasm with insightful posts that support or counter this conclusion.

Originally posted by Shocker1976 View Post
    I have reached the conclusion that by recruiting AM to the Shocker roster HC3G has produced a team roster coupled with his coaching that will further establish the Shockers as a National MBB team that should and will compete for a National Championship in the very near future.

If possible and as appropriate, please help me temper my enthusiasm with insightful posts that support or counter this conclusion.
    It's going to be nice in two years to have players like Shamet, Reaves, McDuff and Asbjorn. Add in the possibility of Keyser and Hamilton improving their games and that's a heck of a start already. However, those teams are going to need other players to contribute and the class of 2018 is going to play a huge role in the future success of this program.

Comment

Originally posted by shocks02 View Post
      It's going to be nice in two years to have players like Shamet, Reaves, McDuff and Asbjorn. Add in the possibility of Keyser and Hamilton improving their games and that's a heck of a start already. However, those teams are going to need other players to contribute and the class of 2018 is going to play a huge role in the future success of this program.
      The class of 2018 is key to the direction of the program.
      Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post
        The class of 2018 is key to the direction of the program.
        As will the health of the 2014, 2015 classes, the development of the 2016 and 2017 classes and the classes of 2019 and beyond will definitely have an impact too.
        "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
        ---------------------------------------
        Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
        "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
        "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
          As will the health of the 2014, 2015 classes, the development of the 2016 and 2017 classes and the classes of 2019 and beyond will definitely have an impact too.
          Also the coaching staff, fan support, athletic trainers...
          Livin the dream

Comment

I loved the phrase 'blow the roof off Koch" when HG3C offered it to us just a few months ago when he thought IH was coming to WSU. The fact that UK was able to capture IH with Calipari's BS, Marshall was being very careful with his comments last week. I do not think the recruitment of a single player, even AM, will blow the roof off but I do believe HC3G has a plan to do just that with a National Championship before he retires at age 60 (I believe this public statement). So HC3G has just seven years to deliver.

IMO this year's roster contains superior athletes to last years and I believe the addition of AM to the roster will make next years Shockers the best team we have seen in Marshall's tenure at WSU. I also believe the aura these teams will build for the Shockers will improve HC3G's recruitment of future players. HC3G is IMO unlikely to ever recruit one and done players but who needs them if he can add a few of the following twelve players he is openly recruiting -

2018 - Tyreese Davis a 6' 6" SF
            2018 - Isaiah Bujdoso a 6'2" PG
            2018 - Jordan Lathon a 6'4" PG
            2018 - Keenan Fitzmorris a 6'10" PF/C
            2018 - Kemaka Hepa a 6'8" PF
            2018 - Nazreon Reid a 6'9" PF/C

2019 - Roman Wilson a 6'9" PF/C
            2019 - Grant Sheffield a 6'4" PG
            2019 - Ashton Hagans a 6'3" PG
            2019 - Mohammad Abdulsalam a 6'8" C
            2019 - Mercedes Leech a 6'5" SF
            2019 - DeAntoni Gordon a 6'8' PF

Comment

76, I too am extremely enthusiastic about the skill levels of players that GM is continuing to recruit and I could never say in words what a National Championship would mean to me after longing for one for around 70 years. But even with supposedly superior players, everything has to come together like your bracket, the teams you play, etc., and just plain damn luck.

But picking which GM past, present, or future team is the best, often boils down to opinion which you, I, and everyone else is entitled to unless there is something which one team does that is above and beyond that which other teams have achieved.

Two of his teams have set marks which are extremely impressive. As you well know, one won 35 games in a row and the other made the Final Four.

Winning 35 games in a row, was a tremendous achievement and one which gained the Shockers a tremendous amount of notoriety throughout the nation. Even people who did not follow BB got excited. So likely, if any future team wins 36 games in a row, we would probably be within rights of saying they were better that the one that only won 35, but of course the quality of the competition could be argued then,

I personally do not believe the undefeated streak is as defining as what is accomplished in the NCAA Tournament. So, IMO:

a. GM’s best team at the present time is the one that made it to the Final 4. They finished better than any of his teams and that is what counts.

b. It could be tied only by a future Final 4 team, but still there will be some who will want to argue which team was the best.

c. A Final 2 team should Trump (no pun attended I just could not come up with a better term) the Final 4 Team(s)

d, National Championship Thrumps ALL.

e. Until next year’s team wins it for the second-year-in- a- row which will create another great argument of opinions.

Comment

Working...
              X