16-17 Games of Interest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
    Pretty sure Jaypak posts with a heavy dose of sarcasm. If he's actually a BJ delta bravo then I'm amiss, because I mostly just hear a smart ass, which is fine with me. That's my language.
    Ding, Ding, Winner! Glad someone's sarcasm meter was calibrated correctly.
    My point was that: 1)capitalizing BIG EAST is pretentious and really just dumb, and 2)P-6 is also dumb considering "P-5" is a football term.

I thought the smiley emoticon would convey the sarcasm. Since it did not, I apologize to MVJ and Eric for being a "super-douche" and "jackass."

I've been on this board for many years and it's not my intent to troll. I respect the tradition of WSU and particularly what Marshall has built there. Also have many happy memories of co-dominating The Valley then beating you guys in St. Louis, and sad memories of subsequently watching you advance further in the NCAA tournament. I have an appreciation for how hard it is to build RPI in road/neutral non-conference games and then having to be perfect in conference play. WSU fans deserve better.

PS. If UNI beats Oklahoma tonight, they will get back-to-back cracks at beating Xavier.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPhi View Post
      Can you guys believe it? We're getting replaced by Fontbonne as MSU's main rival.

Makes sense that it's a D-III.
      Yes soon they will be wearing maroon t-shirts saying, Fontbonne is Not a State!
      ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

• Originally posted by JayPak View Post
        PS. If UNI beats Oklahoma tonight, they will get back-to-back cracks at beating Xavier.
        And even if they lose to OU tonight they get Clemson on Sunday and Xavier the following Saturday. Their remaining non-conference schedule still has games with Iowa and North Carolina so with the win over Arizona State UNI has positioned itself very well for a shot at a nice resume building non-conference run.

Hopefully, the Shocks can do the same by beating LSU in Round 1 of the B4A. That should set up games with Louisville and either Baylor or Michigan State to follow with non-con games remaining wiht Oklahoma, Oklahoma State and Colorado State.

SIU will have Arkansas, Minnesota, Louisville and UNLV on their non-con schedule but their chances of converting those to an RPI boost are very slim. I guess just playing them is better than nothing.

The other 7 Valley teams do not appear to have very much in the way of non-con RPI building opportunities. So it would appear that WSU and UNI are pretty much on their own if they want to build a strong enough resumen to be NCAA at-large worthy.

Comment

• So Casey's upset that the fontty from Fontbonne wouldn't let him bonne her?

Comment

• So according to my ESPN app, Creighton has a game tonight in some tournament. No TV and the only way to view it is by some subscription webcast. I can't remember the last time a WSU game wasn't available on tv/free stream. Early Bush administration maybe?

#BIGEAST
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker-maniac View Post
              Yes soon they will be wearing maroon t-shirts saying, Fontbonne is Not a State!
              We might have missed our opportunity with Long Beach State.

Comment

• UNI, live by the three, die by the three. Can't hit the ocean tonight.
                Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• UNI hitting 3/15 FG and 1/9 3FG to trail OU 18-7 with 7:50 left in the first half.

Living and dying by the 3-point shot in that tourney.
                  The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                  We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• That's the good ol' UNI way.
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                      UNI hitting 3/15 FG and 1/9 3FG to trail OU 18-7 with 7:50 left in the first half.

Living and dying by the 3-point shot in that tourney.
                      is that game being televised anywhere?

Comment

• Originally posted by another shocker View Post
                        is that game being televised anywhere?
                        ESPNU

Comment

• SIU vs SIUE on Fox Sports KC.

Comment

• South Carolina State down 42 to South Carolina

Comment

• Originally posted by wusphlash View Post
                              ESPNU
                              thanks.

what, is there like 50 people there?

one and done has killed the popularity (and quality) of college basketball.

Comment

• Koch contributing zero offense and the Panthers flounder.

Comment

Working...
                                X