16-17 Games of Interest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
    Feel like i should unblock the 2 miserable Creighton fans that started laying into me and bragging about all their MVC tourney wins after we lost to ISU.
    You probably should. It's either gonna be great entertainment or extremely quiet now.
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Only thin that would have been better, is if it had happened at their 18,000 seat AA meeting.

Comment

• If this is the new look for CU without their starting point guard, I'm not sure they will even make the tournament anymore. The wheels may have come off

Comment

• Originally posted by A[URL="http://shockernet.net/forum/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=694745"
          Reply With Quote[/URL]argh;694745]I can't find a box score for CU's loss tonight, but in their last game, which was also a loss, Foster shot the ball 24 times. The rest of the team shot the ball 44 times.

One good thing for the Jays is that they have 2 games with DePaul coming up real quick. DePaul is 1-6 in the league, but then so was Georgetown before tonight.
          Creighton Box Score

Foster was 5-15 (0-4 on 3Ptrs). Team took 58 shots. Outside of Justin Patton no one shot well for Creighton.
          Last edited by 1972Shocker; January 26, 2017, 08:51 AM.

Comment

• Creighton and their best team ever just dropped to 25 at KenPom. Shockers at 21 with games still updating tonight.

Comment

• Saint Louis defeats UMASS 74-70.
              LSU down 30 at home to Florida.
              Colorado State up 15 on San Jose State with 5 to go.
              South Dakota State down 9 at Denver with 3 minutes to go.

Steve Forbes and ETSU win a double OT game at Samford to get to 16-5.
              Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• SCSU and M-ES both scored rare wins tonight.

Comment

• I can promise you nobody wants anything to do with Nevada come tourney time. They'll never win multiple games in a row, but they are more than athletic and talented enough to take out just about anyone on a given night.

Comment

• Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
                    SCSU and M-ES both scored rare wins tonight.
                    I'd be surprised if they could win an MAYB tournament at this point.
                    "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                      I can't find a box score for CU's loss tonight, but in their last game, which was also a loss, Foster shot the ball 24 times. The rest of the team shot the ball 44 times.

One good thing for the Jays is that they have 2 games with DePaul coming up real quick. DePaul is 1-6 in the league, but then so was Georgetown before tonight.
                      The Jayboys are in serious trouble without Watson -- they're starting to remind me of Turgeon's last WSU team that fell apart after the Vegas debacle and subsequent outbreak of Ogirri syndrome. It's hard to imagine their missing the tournament altogether, just because they had such a great start; and eventually they may even figure out a way to muddle through now and then without the guy they couldn't afford to lose. But if I were a Creighton fan, and thank goodness I'm not, my outlook would be about 180 degrees opposite of what it was a month ago. Tough break for the drunken idiots.

Edit: interesting coincidence that the CU collapse has dropped them in KenPom to exactly one spot above P'Allen Foster's old K-State team, and probably that only temporarily. Looks like the Foster switcheroo may indeed have been addition by subtraction for the Kittens, and the reverse for Creighton. McDermott did get Foster down to just 26% of the team's shots tonight (vs. 36% in that previous loss), but that's probably still too much hero ball for anything good to happen.
                      Last edited by WSUwatcher; January 26, 2017, 01:56 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by champions5 View Post
                        Creighton and their best team ever just dropped to 25 at KenPom. Shockers at 21 with games still updating tonight.
                        'shockers in a rebuilding year

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                          Creighton Box Score

F
                          oster was 5-15 (0-4 on 3Ptrs). Team took 58 shots. Outside of Justin Patton on one shot well for Creighton.
                          That's unreal. Watson was such an incredible pick up for them. By all accounts a great kid and obviously a fantastic player and perfect for the Jays.

They'll adjust and improve although they'll never get back to as good as they were before Watson was injured.

I still say Patton is a one and done kid. I PROMISE you if he was enrolled at UK he'd be gone after this season. 100%

Comment

• Well you know how misery likes company so I checked out the bj board for the first time this year. The guy that has the grandpa Gibbs avatar was talking about successful coaches and posed the question that no one ever gets to the dance multiple times without better than two star talent....really just look to the south.

Comment

• Originally posted by pogo View Post
                              Well you know how misery likes company so I checked out the bj board for the first time this year. The guy that has the grandpa Gibbs avatar was talking about successful coaches and posed the question that no one ever gets to the dance multiple times without better than two star talent....really just look to the south.
                              Marshall has rosters full of two star talent?

Comment

• Maybe less in the early years.

Comment

Working...
                                X