Pre-Season MVP: Jeremy Morgan (UNI)

1st Team
    Markis McDuffie (WSU)
    Mikyle McIntosh (ISUR)
    J. Moran (UNI)
    Brenton Scott (ISUB)
    Paris Lee (ISUR)

WICHITA STATE
     The Shockers have finished first or second in the MVC in each of the past six seasons, winning regular-season titles in each of the past three. And the Shockers fully expect to challenge for another league title under the all-time winningest coach in WSU history Gregg Marshall.

 Since 2009-10, Wichita State has 202 total victories (trailing only Kentucky, Kansas and Duke) and the winning percentage from 2010-11 until now is better than any team.
     Markis McDuffie, the 2016 MVC Freshman of the Year, leads a talented group of returning players who anticipate to continue the winning tradition in Wichita.

2nd Team

Milton Doyle (LUC)
    Dequon Miller (MSU)
    Shaq Morris (WSU)
    Sean O'Brien (SIU)
    Reed Timmer (DU)

Comment

So, ISUr has two first teamers, and only picked to finish 2nd? Coaching, and sometimes lack of, matters :)

Comment

Comment

Comment

I'm guessing of the 5 ballots that did not pick WSU to win were 3 second place finishes and 2 third place finishes (9+9+9+8+8 = 43).

Could be also be 4 seconds and a fourth as well. I think those are the only two combinations that would produce 43 points to give the Shocks a total of 413 when the 370 points from 1st place votes are added in.
            Last edited by 1972Shocker; October 26, 2016, 01:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
              I'm guessing of the 5 ballots that did not pick WSU to win were 3 second place finishes and 2 third place finishes (9+9+9+8+8 = 43).

Could be also be 4 seconds and a third was well. I think those are the only two combinations that would produce 43 points to give the Shocks a total of 413 when the 370 points from 1st place votes are added in.
              Wouldn't it be 4 seconds and a fourth?
              "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
              ---------------------------------------
              Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
              "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
              "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
                Wouldn't it be 4 seconds and a fourth?
                Yes, you are right. (9+9+9+9+7=43)

Post corrected.

Comment

So now that the Shockers have been selected as the MVC Preseason Favorite to win the Conference, for the fourth consecutive year, how are we likely to end the season. Over the last 31 seasons, this is what has happened:

Being preseason favorite, end as MVC regular season Champ 52% (16/31) of the time;

Being preseason favorite, wins MVC Tourney 42% (13/31) of the time; and

Being preseason favorite, wins MVC regular season and MVC Tourney 23% (7/31) of the time.

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post
                    So now that the Shockers have been selected as the MVC Preseason Favorite to win the Conference, for the fourth consecutive year, how are we likely to end the season. Over the last 31 seasons, this is what has happened:

Being preseason favorite, end as MVC regular season Champ 52% (16/31) of the time;

Being preseason favorite, wins MVC Tourney 42% (13/31) of the time; and

Being preseason favorite, wins MVC regular season and MVC Tourney 23% (7/31) of the time.
                    It would seem that the odds would say that WSU is due to win in STL this year.

Comment

Consider this for a moment.

WSU just lost 2 players who are on opening-day rosters of NBA teams. WSU is still picked as #1 in the Valley.
                      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Check out the Final Four bling on HCGM's right hand.
                        “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                          Consider this for a moment.

WSU just lost 2 players who are on opening-day rosters of NBA teams. WSU is still picked as #1 in the Valley.
                          “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

It's either respect or it's the Valley.

Comment

Working...
                            X