2016-17 National Rankings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2016-17 National Rankings

"College men's basketball preseason coaches poll comes out Thursday" - USA TODAY Sports

"...USA TODAY Sports will be the destination for college hoops fans Thursday. You can find extensive coverage of the poll on the college basketball page of the website or interact via Twitter and Facebook. Here's a look at some more background on the top 25 rankings:...

...The first-regular season poll will be released early on the afternoon of Nov. 14, shortly after the regular season begins on Nov. 11. The poll will be released every Monday thereafter through the season until Selection Sunday, March 12, when the final regular-season poll will be released that evening around the time the NCAA tournament selections are announced...."
    Last edited by WuShock Reaper; 3 days ago.

Anybody got an over/under on how many games KU can lose and still be in the top 10? I'll take the over.
    "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

Originally posted by ShockdaWorld View Post
      Anybody got an over/under on how many games KU can lose and still be in the top 10? I'll take the over.
      This is a trick question. It makes no difference how many games they lose.

Like every year, they will have upwards of 10 losses, still ranked in the top ten, get a 1-3 seed of some kind, get beat out and be surprised by it... calling it a fluke AND saying they were hosed by the seeding so they have the excuses covered from both sides.

Comment

KU's ranking will equal their number of losses. 1 loss = #1. 10 losses = #10. After all, they do play that difficult B12 schedule week after week in the conference season.
        The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
        We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Stalwart View Post

Like every year, they will have upwards of 10 losses, still ranked in the top ten, get a 1-3 seed of some kind, get beat out and be surprised by it... calling it a fluke AND saying they were hosed by the seeding so they have the excuses covered from both sides.
          They are "quality losses," after all. Shouldn't even really be considered a loss.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
            KU's ranking will equal their number of losses. 1 loss = #1. 10 losses = #10. After all, they do play that difficult B12 schedule week after week in the conference season.
            We must never forget that the Big12 is the toughest conference in all the land.

They are so good, their 10 teams carry the strength of 12. Hence, the 12, or something...
            "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Some of KUs losses are so good, they actually count as wins

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Stalwart View Post

Dave, I think you need to double check your definition of "upwards of".

4, 8, 9, 5, 6, 2, 2, 7, 3, 4, 7, 6, 8, 7, 3

Sorry for the interruption. Now back to your regularly scheduled trash talk.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamar Howard 4 President View Post
                  Dave, I think you need to double check your definition of "upwards of".

4, 8, 9, 5, 6, 2, 2, 7, 3, 4, 7, 6, 8, 7, 3

Sorry for the interruption. Now back to your regularly scheduled trash talk.
                  Wow.

If that doesn't scream "Welcome back 2016-17 Jamar" post, nothing does. Has that KU fact checking been in the holster for the last 6 months?
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

I'm no KU fan but I'd be careful trashing them this season. They are always loaded but have
                    crazy talent this year - only question being can Self keep everyone happy and team chemistry
                    where it needs to be. Has this problem every year but really REALLY has it this season. They
                    could win it all.

Comment

Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
                      I'm no KU fan but I'd be careful trashing them this season. They are always loaded but have
                      crazy talent this year - only question being can Self keep everyone happy and team chemistry
                      where it needs to be. Has this problem every year but really REALLY has it this season. They
                      could win it all.
                      Most years given their talent level and recruiting classes they could win it all. Maybe that means they often times underperform, I'm not sure. Doesn't make any difference as far as them being their own metric.
                      "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
                        could win it all.
                        I seem to hear that every year. They could win it all ... but only have 1 time in the last 20 years. I mean, that's still 1 more than WSU, but for the talent level that they have ...

Comment

They weren't able to do much with Andrew Wiggins "the greatest thing since Lebron James", so I'll just wait and see how this next crop of superstars develops

Comment

They're no UCLA.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                              Wow.

If that doesn't scream "Welcome back 2016-17 Jamar" post, nothing does. Has that KU fact checking been in the holster for the last 6 months?
                              JH4P posted 9 hours later on info that would take 5 minutes to look up. Come on Fev, you got much better game than this. :playful:

Comment

Working...
                              X