2016-17 Annual Redshirt Guess-a-thon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2016-17 Annual Redshirt Guess-a-thon

Who is most likely to get red-shirted for the 2016-17 season?
    Austin*Reaves, Freshman Guard
    15.56%
    C. J.*Keyser, Freshman Guard
    60.00%
    Kaelen*Malone, Sophomore Guard
    8.89%
    Daishon*Smith, Junior Guard
    2.22%
    Someone Else
    13.33%

The poll is expired.

I still am reserved on Hamilton's play. Didn't look much improved on the Canada trip but hell I guess nobody else really did either

Comment

I thought Hamilton already redshirted? If Reaves is not 100% my money would be on him.
      Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

No one?

Comment

I'll wait until I have at least seen one of these guys play in even a scrimmage. Ask me next weekend.
          "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
          ---------------------------------------
          Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
          "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
          "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Originally posted by BOBB View Post
            I thought Hamilton already redshirted? If Reaves is not 100% my money would be on him.
            Hamilton took a post-grad year at Sunrise, but did not redshirt.
            Livin the dream

Comment

I went with Keyser simply because he's been injured the whole time and hasn't really been able to practice. And there's plenty of people in front of him, so I doubt he'd get a lot of minutes this year anyway unless he surprises, which is possible. But he's really the only one I see red shirting besides some walk-on, which I don't really count.

Comment

I picked C.J. primarily due to his injury issues. It would not surprise me if both C.J. and Austin redshirted.

Comment

1) I don't believe a JUCO player would be on the red shirt list. Marshall isn't likely to give out a scholarship to a 2 year player that cannot help immediately. That said, how fast he is able to take over meaningful minutes at the 1 will be key. If he's not clearly beating out Austin, Reaves may very well become the 1st backup and split minutes with Daishon. I'm hoping both are good enough to reduce Conner's PG minutes. Nothing against Conner. He just has not shown me he can effectively carry that load 25-30 mpg.

2) Allen's departure opens up more playing time at the 2/3, however, CJ's injuries have reduced the likelihood he will be ready any time soon. RS is likely.

3) I still believe McDuffie will see some time at the 4. Even if he only averages 10 mpg there, that only leaves 70 minutes to divide up between Morris, Willis, Kelly, Nurger, and Hamilton. Physically, Hamilton has pro potential. Learning as much as he can from Marshall by red shirting and getting an extra year could do him wonders.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                    I picked C.J. primarily due to his injury issues. It would not surprise me if both C.J. and Austin redshirted.
                    Not as likely now, with the loss of Allen. One of the freshman seems likely, and perhaps somebody from the crowded frontcourt.

Comment

I've already mentioned that (barring repeated and/or continued injuries) I don't think that anyone will redshirt, and that wasn't one of the choices.

CJ has one year past high school (prep school) already on his resume. He is already older and physically prepared to play. Unless he doesn't heal or he is injured again, he won't redshirt imo. I think that Austin is more likely to be a redshirt candidate (unless Gregg thinks he is needed this year) because of his lack of physical bulk and weight to compete with Division 1 athletes. However, I haven't seen him play so maybe this isn't a detriment for him.

Comment

One red shirt... CJ Keyser

Comment

I'm going off of nothing but preparation for D1 prior to arriving at WSU.

If Keyser can recover from his injury problems, he doesn't RS.

We've got Frankamp and Smith at PG and Shamet can play the position in an emergency. At SG, we have Shamet. If Frankamp is the primary PG, we don't have a backup at SG, unless Brown gets moved there.

I think Reaves is the most likely candidate to benefit from a RS. He'd be a RS Fr next year and have 2 years in the system before he was called on to take control of the team.
                          The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Reaves could play second string PG, or Brown in a pinch...plus lots of teams run three guards at the 1/2 for 80 minutes.
                            Livin the dream

Comment

Cj Keyser won't be redshirting. Still not 100% healthy but not redshirting as of now.

Comment

Working...
                              X