Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arch Madness 2017

Dear Shocker Friends,

Visit Southwest.com to view the Southwest low fare calendar and find the cheapest airfare of the season. Book your next flight with Southwest Airlines and save.

FYI, I happened to notice a better-than-usual sale on Southwest flights from Wichita to St. Louis the weekend of Arch Madness. Sale runs through Saturday, I think.

Just booked my flight and hotel for less than $500 total. Of course food, beverages and other incidentals not included!!

Comment

From Paul...going to be a pretty empty building.

MVC Tournament tickets, purchased through schools: WSU 1,274 Ill. State 550 SIU 358 UNI 300 Others - minimum of 225

Comment

I'm not sorry to miss St. Louis this year. Screw Elgin

Comment

Originally posted by Eric View Post
          I'm not sorry to miss St. Louis this year. Screw Elgin
          I have fun in St. Louis, but always leave pissed off. That said, I'm ready to a change of venue, the fans could use a change of scenery.

Comment

I suspect if MSU finishes above .500 in conference then Missouri State will have quite a few more fans than usual this year. I have missed going the last several years because of subpar play from the Bears and the fact that I generally try to avoid St. Louis. This year, I am 50/50 because I already have all-session passes to the NCAA Wrestling championships in St. Louis in Mid-March.

I know there have been conversations before about moving it. But where would it go? Sprint Center has the Big XII most years and playing the conference tournament in KC a week before that would feel almost like the JV game before the varsity guys go. Where else can we put it? Tulsa? Junction City?

Comment

Originally posted by LuskingforGuttin View Post
              I suspect if MSU finishes above .500 in conference then Missouri State will have quite a few more fans than usual this year. I have missed going the last several years because of subpar play from the Bears and the fact that I generally try to avoid St. Louis. This year, I am 50/50 because I already have all-session passes to the NCAA Wrestling championships in St. Louis in Mid-March.

I know there have been conversations before about moving it. But where would it go? Sprint Center has the Big XII most years and playing the conference tournament in KC a week before that would feel almost like the JV game before the varsity guys go. Where else can we put it? Tulsa? Junction City?
              So, you're going to go to St Louis to watch men roll around in tights? Got it.
              There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

Originally posted by shocktheheart View Post

MVC Tournament tickets, purchased through schools: WSU 1,274 Ill. State 550 SIU 358 UNI 300 Others - minimum of 225
                Wow.

Comment

Isn't that way down from what the Shockers usually bring? Is that because Shocker fans are sick of St Louis? Or do most just buy gameday tickets?
                  There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

Originally posted by LuskingforGuttin View Post

Des Moines?
                    Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

Guess that means Shocker Nation can move out of the **** seats the MVC gives us and into the prime time locations.
                      "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

Milwaukee
                        Chicago
                        Indy
                        KC

Or...... Just spitballing. Davenport. On the surface, a silly idea, but that town would go nuts to host. They would go out of their way to make it a great event.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
                          I have fun in St. Louis, but always leave pissed off. That said, I'm ready to a change of venue, the fans could use a change of scenery.
                          How about Tulsa, Memphis, or Dallas?
                          Deuces Valley.
                          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Shocker fans are not stupid. You quickly figure out there is no benefit from buying from WSU unless you know you are going to get prime seats. You can buy from other schools or at the box office and get better seats (and cheaper if u take advantage of their discount seat promotions).

Comment

WSU may be in the Valley for a long, long time. But I'm not going back to St. Louis until some serious changes are made, or WSU is providing me the chance to witness another undefeated season. I'd rather save my vacation and cash for NCAA games, where results are generally determined on the court.

Comment

Working...
                              X