• Show
Clear All

• After taking the poll, my starters are

1 - Frankamp
    2 - Shamet
    3 - Brown
    4 - Kelly
    5 - Willis

Yep, I left Mcduffie on the bench at the tip off.

I figure McDuffie comes in at either PF or SF, depending on where he's needed, and he does that after the opposing player has been running up and down the court a while. That's almost unfair.

I've got Shaq coming off the bench so that he doesn't get an early foul. Maybe he's less likely to foul if his opponent has been running up and down the court a while.

My lineup makes sense in some ways and it's got a killer second rotation in the front court.

Back court isn't looking that salty on the rotations. I'd guess early in the season it's Smith coming in at point and Frankamp moves to SG when Shamet needs a breather.
    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

1. Frankamp
    2. Shamet
    3. McDuffie
    4. Kelly
    5. Morris

Off the bench - Smith, Brown, Willis, Nurger.
    Livin the dream

Comment

Frankamp
      Shamet
      Brown
      Mcduffie
      Morris

Comment

Ditka
        Ditka
        Jordan
        Roenick
        Mini Ditka
        Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post
          1. Frankamp
          2. Shamet
          3. McDuffie
          4. Kelly
          5. Morris

With that crew, (at least) one of Reaves or Keyser will have to play this year. Three is not enough for the PG/SG rotation, and Brown would need to tighten up his ball handling to get by as an alternate SG.

Comment

Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post
            With that crew, (at least) one of Reaves or Keyser will have to play this year. Three is not enough for the PG/SG rotation, and Brown would need to tighten up his ball handling to get by as an alternate SG.
            There are only 5 (scholarship) guards on the roster and two of them are Reaves and Keyser. Any guard rotation that goes more than 3 deep has to include a Fr.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
              There are only 5 (scholarship) guards on the roster and two of them are Reaves and Keyser. Any guard rotation that goes more than 3 deep has to include a Fr.
              I agree, but they may not get more than 10 minutes.
              Livin the dream

Comment

By the end of January I expect ZB to be the sixth man playing both the 2/3 and MM starting at small
                forward. Willis will play mostly PF but a few minutes a game at center depending on SM/RN foul
                situation. I also predict JRS will be the back up point guard unless AR surprises.

Comment

Frankamp
                  Brown
                  McDuffie
                  Kelly
                  Morris

Comment

Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
                    By the end of January I expect ZB to be the sixth man playing both the 2/3 and MM starting at small
                    forward. Willis will play mostly PF but a few minutes a game at center depending on SM/RN foul
                    situation. I also predict JRS will be the back up point guard unless AR surprises.
                    I don't see Simon as the backup PG; that's not realistic. Third option if for whatever reason Reaves doesn't play, yes -- but not the backup. As for Brown, I hope he can indeed play SG, because that should get him more minutes, and it would also add depth. But he'll have to keep improving as a ball handler to do it.

Comment

Brown played some SG last year. Marshall made it clear that he was having to play Brown out of position in those situations. I think if there was going to be a 2/3 combo, it would have been Allen, but that ship has sailed.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                        Brown played some SG last year. Marshall made it clear that he was having to play Brown out of position in those situations. I think if there was going to be a 2/3 combo, it would have been Allen, but that ship has sailed.
                        Austin might be able to play some 2.
                        Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post
                          1. Frankamp
                          2. Shamet
                          3. McDuffie
                          4. Kelly
                          5. Morris

Maybe 3 of the 5 correct.

Comment

Frankamp, Shamet, Brown, McDuffie, Morris

Comment

Shamet, Austin, McDuffie, Morris, and Willis or Hamilton. I'm tempted to say Hamilton if for no other reason than his athletic ability with his given size, and because it's time for him to make a move and take charge of the position.

Comment

Working...
                              X