Winthrop players and the NBA?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winthrop players and the NBA?

I remember one of the things that we heard when HCGM was hired was that he was able to recruit some players at Winthrop that had NBA potential. I'm just curious if anyone knows if those players (if they were seniors) were able to make it with an NBA team? If they were juniors or younger, of course, we won't know yet.

I know Terrell Martin was bordline. I dont think he ever made a NBA team though
    Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

I think he was one of the last players cut for Orlando or something
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Re: Winthrop players and the NBA?

Originally posted by Shocker Rocker
        I remember one of the things that we heard when HCGM was hired was that he was able to recruit some players at Winthrop that had NBA potential. I'm just curious if anyone knows if those players (if they were seniors) were able to make it with an NBA team? If they were juniors or younger, of course, we won't know yet.
        both torrell marting, shooting guard, and craig bradshaw, center, played in the nba's summer league. martin actually got invited to the orlando magic's camp.

the magic decided to go with some older, more established, free agents and martin was cut. he's currently playing pro ball in poland. bradshaw is currently playing pro ball in australia and is becoming something of a mainstay on new zealand's national team, the "tall blacks."

as an aside, the power forward on last years winthrop team, phillip williams is also playing pro ball in eastern europe.

Comment

this was posted on the winthropfans.com board yesterday...seems bradshaw recently signed with a top rated league in Turkey

Comment

Working...
          X