XM-Sirius Satellite Merge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XM-Sirius Satellite Merge

While I enjoy XM Radio, I was always disappointed that the Valley didn't have an XM deal like the majority of the BCS Conferences. Maybe the Justice Departments approval of Sirius Satellite Radio Inc.'s $5 billion buy-out of rival XM Satellite will take care of the problem? I see that Sirius covered the entire Valley tournament... hopefully they'll cover additional games next season. I actually dream of the day that WSU basketball (and baseball) games are carried on Satellite radio... then I could actually listen to the Shockers on crystal clear radio for the first time in my life.
    :good:

Thursday, March 6 -- Session I [No Television]
    Game 1 -- #8 Indiana State (14-15, 8-10) vs. #9 Wichita State (11-19, 4-14), 6 p.m. [Sirius Satellite Radio Channel 143]
    Game 2 -- #7 Missouri State (16-15, 8-10) vs. #10 Evansville (9-20, 3-15), 8:30 p.m. [Sirius Satellite Radio Channel 143]
    Friday, March 7 -- Session II
    Game 3 -- #1 Drake (25-4, 15-3) vs. Winner Game 1, noon [MVC TV Network, Sirius 143]
    Game 4 -- #4 Creighton (20-9, 10-8) vs. #5 Bradley (17-14, 9-9), 2:30 p.m. [MVC TV Network, Sirius 143]
    Friday, March 7 -- Session III
    Game 5 -- #2 Illinois State (22-8, 13-5) vs. Winner of Game 2, 6 p.m. [MVC TV Network, Sirius 143]
    Game 6 -- #3 Southern Illinois (17-13, 11-7) vs. #6 UNI (17-13, 9-9), 8:30 p.m. [MVC TV Network, Sirius 143]
    Saturday, March 8 -- Session IV
    Game 7 -- Winner Game 3 vs. Winner Game 4, 1:30 p.m. [MVC TV Network, Sirius 143]
    Game 8 -- Winner Game 5 vs. Winner Game 6, 4 p.m. [MVC TV Network, Sirius 143]
    Sunday, March 9 -- Session V
    Championship -- Winner Game 7 vs. Winner Game 8, 1 p.m. [CBS Sports, Sirius 143]
    "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Well I would like to see the MVC get on Sirius, I've had it for over 5 yrs
    and was disappointed that this yr the big 12 tourney was on Xm , Last yr it was on Sirius, and I have noticed that Creighton Games are on my Sirius all season long But no other teams, unless there playin Creighton
    Is that a deal that DA and Creighton worked out ,If so WHY THE Hell hasn't WSU done this too, it's great national exposure, Plus I wouldn't have to be in an Internet area to listen to the games when I'm on the road ( I know being selfish there) Seems the MVC could do the same as the Big12 and get all there regular season game on the Satellite radio too
    From the road I listen (Tune In radio) at home I watch ( season Ticks )

Comment

Originally posted by OTR Shockfan
      Well I would like to see the MVC get on Sirius, I've had it for over 5 yrs
      and was disappointed that this yr the big 12 tourney was on Xm , Last yr it was on Sirius, and I have noticed that Creighton Games are on my Sirius all season long But no other teams, unless there playin Creighton
      Is that a deal that DA and Creighton worked out ,If so WHY THE Hell hasn't WSU done this too, it's great national exposure, Plus I wouldn't have to be in an Internet area to listen to the games when I'm on the road ( I know being selfish there) Seems the MVC could do the same as the Big12 and get all there regular season game on the Satellite radio too
      Any interested party should forward their ideas to the WSU and Valley offices. Listening to the Shockers and other Valley games via Satellite radio, while driving anywhere in the US would simply be a dream come true. I have bitched and moaned about Shocker radio coverage for the past 35 years to no avail. I'm tellin' ya... Satellite radio is the answer.

:good:
      "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

You brought up a valid point, and who would be in charge of looking into this at the University, would it be Schaus?

Comment

Working...
        X