Best Mid Major rivals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Mid Major rivals

http://www.midmajormadness.com/2016/...iona-manhattan Mid Major?
    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

If "mid-major" is defined as strictly outside the P5, as this article states, then there are some very good rivalries that they disregarded. SDSU-UNM, GTown-Nova, VCU-Richmond, Wyoming-CSU, and Gonzaga-St. Mary's all immediately come to mind. Kind of a crappy article.
    "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

Aside from idiocy of the mid-major label, I am not totally convinced on this. Yes, UNI has been very competitive with WSU. That said, an important part of a rivalry is a little dislike for the opponent. I don't think WSU coaches, players, or fans "hate" Northern Iowa. Personally, I respect UNI's ability to stay competitive. I recognize that playing them is never easy. Ben does a great job up in Cedar Falls.

I hated Creighton. Despised them. Still do. I threw up in my mouth a little when I saw a Creighton billboard during a Royals broadcast. THAT....is a rivalry.
      78-65

Comment

The journalism bar for all of the SB Nation sites is very low, not the least example being this terrible article. They seem to be the new BleacherReport, since BR has now improved themselves.

Comment

Ok - Comparing WSU to UNI ??? I guess I get that - but to throw North Dakota State, South Dakota State, Winthrop, UNC Ashville, Oakland, Detroit, Iona, and Manhattan into the mix is asinine. Those programs are not in the same realm that WSU is. It's like comparing a Corvette to a bicycle.

Comment

Originally posted by moshock View Post
            It's like comparing a Corvette to a bicycle.
            "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

WstateU must have a search function for these graphics. I once owned a Vette, and I never encountered anything like that, although I had a couple of high school girls come over and chat with me at a Sonic one night.

Anyway, considering the statures of the programs involved, it's hard to take that list seriously. WSU really is a Vette, and maybe UNi is a Camaro. But the rest are a bunch of mopeds.

Comment

Working...
              X