Clevin Hannah - Senegal National Team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clevin Hannah - Senegal National Team

Clevin played for the Senegalese National Team over the summer (not sure of the relationship) and was a starter.

The Canadian roster is pretty strong if you ask me and Clev had 13 in a tough 3 point loss.

Clevin is back for a bit over the summer, looks spectacular, is his usual polite and engaging self and hopefully will teach some of the youngins how it's done.

He expects to play in Turkey next season and return to Senegal next summer for African Nation qualifying.

Nice. Great guy, deserves everything good that can happen.
    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
      Clevin played for the Senegalese National Team over the summer (not sure of the relationship) and was a starter.

The Canadian roster is pretty strong if you ask me and Clev had 13 in a tough 3 point loss.

Clevin is back for a bit over the summer, looks spectacular, is his usual polite and engaging self and hopefully will teach some of the youngins how it's done.

He expects to play in Turkey next season and return to Senegal next summer for African Nation qualifying.
      Would love to see Clev working out CF at PG.
      "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
      -John Wooden

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
        Maybe Turkey isn't the best fit...

Comment

Clevin is still one of my all-time favorites. Great ball handler.

Comment

Originally posted by bunck View Post
            Maybe Turkey isn't the best fit...
            For Clevin, or for anyone?

Sometimes international basketball can bring along with it more excitement than anyone really needs, although it depends on one's location --I don't think Cal Bruton, for example, had to worry about periodic coups after moving to Australia. (Just all those weird animals that can kill you.)

Comment

With Ramon playing for PR and Clevin for Senegal we have some nice international representation.

This is the story of a guy playing in Libya during Gaddafi's overthrow.

Alex Owumi's dream of playing professional basketball led him to Libya, where he played on Moammar Gadhafi's team. Then the Arab Spring happened, and Owumi had to escape.

Comment

"American ballers find their Dream Teams in Africa" - Honolulu Star Advertiser

by Associated Press
                September 14, 2017 10:05am

or

Africa generally exports players to US but handful of American professionals have gone the other way

"...I feel at home,” said Clevin Hannah, a Wichita State alum and point guard for Senegal. “I don’t feel out of synch or out of place when I put my jersey on. It’s an honor.”

Stipends cover costs but there’s generally no compensation for international duty. Some countries and team sponsors pledge to pay bonuses for winning, however.A second passport can open doors because some pro leagues limit Americans. But most say the real value is the experience, both on and off the court.

Against Egypt, Hannah set up teammate Hamady Ndiaye for a third-quarter alley-oop that sent supporters in Dakar’s Marius Ndiaye Stadium into a frenzy. “There’s nothing like it,” Hannah said of the atmosphere as celebrations continued in the stands after the game. “It can’t compare to Europe or the U.S.”..."
                Last edited by WuShock Reaper; September 14, 2017, 08:24 PM. Reason: Forgot to add article link.

Comment

Clev is in action in the semis today vs Nigeria on ESPN3 at 2:30 p.m. Yesterday he didn't start but played almost the entire second half in a win over Angola. 10 pts / 5 assists and 2 steals in 20 minutes. For the tourney, he's second overall in assists with 4.8 per game in only 18 minutes of court time.

Here's the pregame link: http://www.fiba.basketball/afrobaske...igeria-Senegal
                  “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

Working...
                  X