Fred is a Raptor!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Horn28Clem30 View Post
    Yeah i'm pretty sure the 76ers biggest concern now isn't anyone else but Lebron James. They won't do a thing until he signs somewhere. And right now they are 2nd favorite landing spot according to Vegas odds.
    I was listening to a radio program in my car that was talking about the NBA (in fact they mentioned Fred and his coming payday), but they speculated that the 76er's main target was Kawhi Leonard.

Comment

• Shock Top
      Shock Top commented
      Editing a comment
      A local program?

Kawhi would make sense for the Sixers.
      - Brett Brown came from SA
      - Phila has assets to trade
      - Young stars to play with.

If Kawhi would assure he’d stick around, a trade would work out well for “both sides”.

• Horn28Clem30
      Horn28Clem30 commented
      Editing a comment
      It's tough right now cuz the Spurs drew a line in the sand and basically said they aren't trading him. Be interesting to see how that continues.

• jdshock
      jdshock commented
      Editing a comment
      Horn28Clem30 - Their big thing was trading him to the west. I could totally see a trade to the east.

• Raptors extended a qualifying offer to FVV today, gonna be curious to see if they can afford him if he gets too big of an offer from elsewhere.

Comment

• I hope coach wasn't too hard on Fred after the FBI stuff because somebody is about to get paid...

In a move surprising no one, the Raptors have extended a qualifying offer to Fred VanVleet and some other players. Though they also left one name off the list.

So, in VanVleet’s case, in theory he could be offered his maximum salary — which is 25 percent of the cap, just over $25 million as a starting salary, rising to $26.5 million, $27.8 million, and $29.0 million after that. But due to his Gibert Arenas status, the first two years are forced to be $8.6 million and $9.0 million instead. So his maximum deal would progress as follows:

2018-19: $8.6 million

2019-20: $9.0 million

2020-21: $27.8 million

2021-22: $29.0 million

That’s a fairly crazy offer, but it demonstrates the mechanism of any deal greater than the full MLE. In this extreme case, a team would need $18.6 million (the average value of the deal) in cap room to offer that deal to VanVleet. If the available cap space is lower, the final two years just drop in value.
      Koch Arena needs some box seats.

T

...:cool:

Comment

• You do not have permission to view this gallery.
        This gallery has 1 photos.
        People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• C0|dB|00ded
          C0|dB|00ded commented
          Editing a comment
          LoL nice.

T

• Multiple reports saying the Raptors are worried about the Suns being in on FVV and won't be able to afford him

Comment

• Originally posted by Horn28Clem30 View Post
          Multiple reports saying the Raptors are worried about the Suns being in on FVV and won't be able to afford him
          Yes. Heard it on PHX sports talk radio yesterday. Hoping its true!
          FINAL FOURS:
          1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
          1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
          Number of Times Ranked: 157
          Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
          Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
          Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
          #3 - Dec. 2017
          #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
          #2 ~ March 2014
          Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• ESPN's Zach Lowe also expects Suns to be a player for Fred.
            As Fred's success and reputation grows in the NBA, is there anyone else on here still pissed that he didn't make the Pan Am team and Melo Trimble did? That was a complete crock of crap. US lost that tournament because we didn't have a PG.

Comment

• 1972Shocker
              1972Shocker commented
              Editing a comment
              Even if Fred had not made it in the NBA I would still be pissed about that.

• Chip on his shoulder... Bet on himself

Comment

• Toronto 2 years 18 mil

Comment

• Originally posted by OSShock View Post
                Toronto 2 years 18 mil

Okay... now he's definitely a millionaire hehe.

Keep pumpin' your brand son. It's time for the big money... endorsements.

T

Comment

• Suns took themselves out of it when they signed Ariza for one year $15 mil. That sucked up all their money. Apparently Phoenix was not serious about finding a point guard.

Comment

• How terrific is that! Congratulations to Fred and his family. Maybe a few coins will find their way back to the old alma mater.

Comment

• I was hoping for the Suns. I thought he would have been a great piece in a young, up-and-coming, team.

I also thought he’d maybe get more $$, but always a chance to do that in the future.

That being said, he’s getting to stay at a team were he developed into the almost 6th Man of the Year. He’s still in a good position to keep getting better and better.
                      The Assman

Comment

• $2 years $18 million is great money for Fred and the max he was eligible to get for two years. Was hoping he'd find a team to offer him $12-$15+ in years 3 and/or 4, but bet on yourself and he could do even better in two years when Lowry's deal is done.

Comment

• Making 18 million when you're 24 years old. Dayum, that's nice scratch right there. Even after taxes, agent fees, insurance, etc., he's still getting around 10 million. Invest well FVV, you're getting generational money son.

Comment

Working...
                          X