No announcement yet.

Fred is a Raptor!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fred was really impressive today. For a solid 6-8 minute stretch it felt like every shot was either Fred or a pass from Fred to Poeltl. Doing Fred things like jumping out of bounds to save a ball and start a fast break, getting assists, making crazy bank shots. Played the entire 4th quarter, and in 12 minutes he was 3/4 from the field, 2/2 from the line and had 3 assists to one turnover. That's a 24/9 game if he played 3 quarters on great efficiency and it wasn't like he was hunting for shots. Call me crazy, but he is already a good back-up PG at the NBA level and the stats and eye test prove it. He plays like a veteran with real NBA moves, and if he can earn a spot with the Raptors he can earn a spot anywhere. This a team with two Olympic guards, a team that was already solid with 3 NBA level PGs with a solid 1st-round pick in the 3rd spot, and Fred is already looking like he belongs.

Comment

Originally posted by CBB_Fan View Post
      Fred was really impressive today. For a solid 6-8 minute stretch it felt like every shot was either Fred or a pass from Fred to Poeltl. Doing Fred things like jumping out of bounds to save a ball and start a fast break, getting assists, making crazy bank shots. Played the entire 4th quarter, and in 12 minutes he was 3/4 from the field, 2/2 from the line and had 3 assists to one turnover. That's a 24/9 game if he played 3 quarters on great efficiency and it wasn't like he was hunting for shots. Call me crazy, but he is already a good back-up PG at the NBA level and the stats and eye test prove it. He plays like a veteran with real NBA moves, and if he can earn a spot with the Raptors he can earn a spot anywhere. This a team with two Olympic guards, a team that was already solid with 3 NBA level PGs with a solid 1st-round pick in the 3rd spot, and Fred is already looking like he belongs.
      Yep...and BOOM!!!
      FINAL FOURS:
      1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
      1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
      Number of Times Ranked: 157
      Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
      Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
      Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
      #3 - Dec. 2017
      #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
      #2 ~ March 2014
      Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

So awesome, if Fred keeps this up the Raptors won't be able to afford cutting him because another team will sign him to a roster.
        You miss 100% of the shots you don't take....

.....but, statistically speaking, you miss 99% of the shots you do take.

Comment

Originally posted by Steeleshocker View Post
          So awesome, if Fred keeps this up the Raptors won't be able to afford cutting him because another team will sign him to a roster.
          100% agree. I am so happy for him.

Comment

Originally posted by CBB_Fan View Post
            Call me crazy, but he is already a good back-up PG at the NBA level and the stats and eye test prove it. He plays like a veteran with real NBA moves, and if he can earn a spot with the Raptors he can earn a spot anywhere. This a team with two Olympic guards, a team that was already solid with 3 NBA level PGs with a solid 1st-round pick in the 3rd spot, and Fred is already looking like he belongs.
            It's really one of the best case scenarios for him. Even though playing time is going to be limited, he can learn from two of the best 1 and 2 guards in the NBA, and one of the best back-up point guards in the NBA. Even if the Raptors decide Wright is the better fit when he gets back in December (which you have to think is unlikely if Fred keeps playing as well as he has), he's going to be in a great position to get picked up elsewhere.

Comment

Nuggets-Raptors highlights. Go to around 5:30 for Fred's portion of the game,

Announcwer: "Look at that wizardry by VanVleet" at around the 6 minute mark

The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
              We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Fred, to me, looks like he should be a lock in that lineup. Hope Ron gets a really good run with the Knicks as well. Exciting times...

Comment

Fred is legit. I hope somebody gives him a real shot. They will win games.

Comment

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Shockwaves on Fred. Not available in Des Moines.

Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

We all need to make sure gotlube reads this about a 1,000 times

Comment

Holy S@#$/T Freds starting

Comment

Unfortunately the Raptors are down big early.
                              You miss 100% of the shots you don't take....

.....but, statistically speaking, you miss 99% of the shots you do take.

Comment

Originally posted by Steeleshocker View Post
                                Unfortunately the Raptors are down big early.
                                And Heslip had a huge game too. He's his primary competitor for the 15th spot from what I've read.

Comment

Working...
                                X