No announcement yet.

Fred is a Raptor!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After a beer delay (https://twitter.com/espn/status/986397835062063104) the Raptors are up 76-58 at halftime. FVV didn't score, but played 3 minutes had 1 TO and is a -1 in +/-

Comment

• Slykryck
      Slykryck commented
      Editing a comment
      Did he aggravate his shoulder injury?

• ShockerMas
      ShockerMas commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm not sure, I've just been following the box score on ESPN and doesn't look like he's played in the 2nd half. I haven't seen a tweet from the raptors about an injury

• Thought it was a back injury?
    "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Post game quote from Raptor's coach:Casey says VanVleet just wasn’t ready. Said he tried to play, tough kid but “Mother Nature told him to take his time, let him heal a bit more.”
      https://twitter.com/WolstatSun/statu...23085300666368

Edit: FVV had a heat pad on his shoulder during the game after he came out https://twitter.com/WolstatSun/statu...86713101549568

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
        Thought it was a back injury?
        He left a game near the end of the season with back spasms. That was separate from the shoulder injury suffered in the season finale.

Comment

• It looked like he may have short-armed a pass from center court to him on the wing. The ball went off his fingertips out of bounds. Clear to mea healthy Fred would make the easy catch. If his injury was left shoulder, he may have aggravated it on this play
          "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
          ---------------------------------------
          Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
          "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
          "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Drake must be hanging with FVV
            Visit ESPN to get up-to-the-minute sports news coverage, scores, highlights and commentary for AFL, NRL, Rugby, Cricket, Football and more.

Comment

•  

Comment

• BOBB
                BOBB commented
                Editing a comment
                Oubre doesn't strike me as a particularly bright fellow. He may, as are many of his generation, be dependent on ADHD meds explaining the rushed speech and ticks.

•  

Comment

• It came out that, after the Cavs lost their first game and the Raptors won their first game, ESPN sent their employees an email making sure everyone had up to date passports in case the Raptors make the finals. I'd love to see Fred get some playing time in the NBA Finals.

Edit to add: I'm sure Fred loves playing on a team that is the one seed and statistically the favorite to make the finals, yet even ESPN is just now starting to consider the possibility that they could make it!

Comment

• New FVV story on The Athletic

You're gonna have to cut my arm off to get me to not feel like I can play': Inside Fred VanVleet's frustrating week

Comment

• kcshocker11
                    kcshocker11 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    link?

• Windiwu
                    Windiwu commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Sorry, it was behind a paywall... Not sure how much youre allowed to copy. Let us just say FVV was not pleased with his playing time the other day. Here's a bit..
                    “I'm a pretty fiery guy so I was frustrated and pissed off that I only got two minutes to work it out,” VanVleet told The Athletic after Tuesday's game. “I used to do a better job of hiding my emotions, but it was hard in that moment, and he just let me know how important I am to the team and that they need me to get back close to 100 (per cent) before I try to come back.”

His frustration was entirely understandable. VanVleet had been fighting hard to get back to this point since taking what the NBA would later deem an illegal screen from Miami's Bam Adebayo in the fourth quarter of a mostly meaningless — but not entirely, if you like round numbers — Game 82 on April 11. VanVleet was trailing a red-hot Wayne Ellington on the play, and Adebayo set a wide stance along the sideline and used his upper body to impede VanVleet's path, knocking him to the ground hard, holding his right shoulder.

• Fred not on the bench tonight??

Comment

• Shocker Mama
                    Shocker Mama commented
                    Editing a comment
                    He’s there — street clothes.

• Raptors will advance. Hopefully they're saving him when they feel like they really need him further in the playoffs.

Comment

• They’ve said as much
                    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• ShockTalk
                      ShockTalk commented
                      Editing a comment
                      If they get there without him.

• Yeah, I think you can ask most any shocker what's wrong with their great bench team. :)

Comment

• He’s still not playing. Crying shame.

Comment

Working...
                      X