No announcement yet.

Fred is a Raptor!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fred to me was the best overall ball handler I remember as a Shocker. That asset will continue to help him in the NBA.
    Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• He's looking really good today against the TWolves.

Comment

• 9 pts 5 rbs 5 ast 22 mins +18
        Shocker fan since December 28th, 2005!

Comment

• Raptors are finalizing a trade that would send Cory Joseph to Indiana for SG CJ Miles. Minutes are gonna be opening up for Fred

Comment

• Originally posted by SlyShock View Post
            Raptors are finalizing a trade that would send Cory Joseph to Indiana for SG CJ Miles. Minutes are gonna be opening up for Fred
            Thank tha lord 🙌🏿

Comment

• Originally posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
              Average assists over the last 7 years (since becoming a starter): 6.7, 6.6, 6.4, 7.4, 6.8, 6.4, 7.0. That puts him in the top 10 in the league 4 of 7 years and top 20 every year. Sure he is more of a scorer first (as he should be with a true shooting percentage that was only bested at the pg position by Isiah Thomas and Steph Curry last year - .625, .624, .623 respectively), but he is hardly a slouch on the floor general front.

Lowry is an all-star caliber point guard and there is no world where Fred is an upgrade at pg over Lowry in Lowry's 14th year in the league vs. Fred's 2nd. But guess what? Given the decade age gap, Lowry continuing with the Raptors has no bearing on Fred's long term position with the team. If you want to have an actually interesting and relevant discussion of the point guard depth in Toronto, it is about Fred vs. Delon Wright, both of whom are talented young point guards who are in direct competition for minutes now and for a larger (potentially starting) role down the line.
              Assists are inflated in the NBA. You can pass someone the ball, they take five dribbles and you still get an assist.

I think of Wright more of a wing than a guard. Just me. The Raptors don't which might explain why they getting bounced in the playoffs. I'm not sold on Casey as a coach nor developing Fred.
              Why walk somebody in baseball when you can hit them?

Comment

• Fred plays tonight at 7p.m. CT on ESPNU in Toronto's final scheduled game vs the 0-2 Nuggets. Then they have a day off before the tournament bracket is announced wherein, assuming a win tonight, they will be one of the eight teams to get a bye in the first round.
                “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

• Fred playing now on NBA TV. Looking good.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocktown View Post
                    Fred playing now on NBA TV. Looking good.
                    Good first half. Three fouls, two phantom. Probably around 14 pts and 4 assists (should have been 8 if his teammates could find the basket)
                    "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                    ---------------------------------------
                    Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                    "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                    "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Raptors just can't hit shots. Fred should have about 14 assists so far. Between that and Poeltl/Siakam boxing out about as well as my daughter's 9 yo ymca team, they're keeping Portland close.
                      "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

• Fred sits for too long. Raptors fall behind. Fred digs them out of hole.

May not be enough.

Comment

• Fred sits too long, still has a chance until the Raps bigs again forget that boxing out is a thing. These guys wouldn't still be on the floor for 3G based on boxing out alone.

Comment

• 31 points, 3 assists (what a joke) 6 boards. Totally controlled the game when he was in. Spectacular.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                              31 points, 3 assists (what a joke) 6 boards. Totally controlled the game when he was in. Spectacular.
                              As Jerry Stackhouse said "The complete floor General"
                              I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• Some tool on FB tried to talk about FVV having a less than 1:1 asst/to ratio. He would have had about ten assists (or more) if any of the guys on his team could've hid a shot when no one was within ten feet of them.

Comment

Working...
                                X