Fred is a Raptor!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mattdalt View Post
    No votes for Ron 'Rookie Starting Point Guard that Also Survived Playing with Melo' Baker?

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
      No votes for Ron 'Rookie Starting Point Guard that Also Survived Playing with Melo' Baker?
      I think the biggest tragedy is that not one, but TWO players named Hernangomez were on that list before FVV or Baker.

Comment

• Come on Lowery get out of there so FVV can start.
        Why walk somebody in baseball when you can hit them?

Comment

• Fred is on the Summer League Roster for Toronto

"The Toronto Raptors announced Tuesday their 17-man roster for NBA Summer League 2017 in Las Vegas. Current Raptors Jakob Poeltl, Pascal Siakam and Fred VanVleet will headline this year’s squad."

Comment

• Originally posted by Sam Axe View Post
            Fred is on the Summer League Roster for Toronto

"The Toronto Raptors announced Tuesday their 17-man roster for NBA Summer League 2017 in Las Vegas. Current Raptors Jakob Poeltl, Pascal Siakam and Fred VanVleet will headline this year’s squad."
            Is that good or bad?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sam Axe View Post
              Fred is on the Summer League Roster for Toronto

Originally posted by wheathead View Post
              Is that good or bad?
              I'd say good... Fred should benefit from the experience. He was pretty deep on the Raptors bench most of the season.
              "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• I say good too! No Delon Wright, I think Fred gets a ton of minutes. Raptors need to figure out the 3rd string, or maybe even the 2nd string PG situation.
                Last edited by mattdalt; June 29, 2017, 08:54 PM.

Comment

• Fred is a restroicted free agent. Unless the Raptors trade one of their many PG's, Fred needs to sign with another team. The more chances other teams have to see him, the better his chances of getting an offer from another team.
                  The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                  We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• 3 previous posters are correct, it's a good thing for a host of reasons

Comment

• Originally posted by Shoxcity View Post
                      Agreed. Plus Kyle Lowry is most likely gone so that helps.
                      Good call...there was very little chance Lowry wasn't resigning.

Comment

• While Lowry did resign, there are multiple reports out there of the Raptors trading Cory Joseph. That would leave Delon Wright and Fred as #2 & #3 and not necessarily in that order.

Comment

• I honestly don't see why they wouldn't trade Joseph. FVV and Wright are both younger cheaper versions of the basically the same player.

Comment

• Originally posted by Horn28Clem30 View Post
                            Good call...there was very little chance Lowry wasn't resigning.
                            Lowry sucks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shoxcity View Post
                              Lowry sucks.
                              1. Obviously not as a player.
                              2. Lowry resigning doesn't hurt Fred in all likelihood. It's not like Fred was likely to be handed the starting position in any case, and Joseph is the pg most likely to be traded/cut given cap considerations.
                              3. Lowry's game is a lot like Fred's, so continuing to learn from him and be in an organization that values that skill set is good for Fred.
                              "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

• Originally posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
                                1. Obviously not as a player.
                                2. Lowry resigning doesn't hurt Fred in all likelihood. It's not like Fred was likely to be handed the starting position in any case, and Joseph is the pg most likely to be traded/cut given cap considerations.
                                3. Lowry's game is a lot like Fred's, so continuing to learn from him and be in an organization that values that skill set is good for Fred.
                                Lowry is a scorer. Fred is the ultimate floor general. Give me that all day.

Comment

Working...
                                X