No announcement yet.

Fred is a Raptor!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shoxcity View Post
      I'm just scared of Fred becoming a life-long backup PG at the next level.
      That's like saying you would hate to be a backup QB in the NFL. You get to cash million dollar pay checks, don't ruin your body with the grind of a long season, and will probably score a hot wife to boot. Doesn't sound to bad to me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockerman View Post
        That's like saying you would hate to be a backup QB in the NFL. You get to cash million dollar pay checks, don't ruin your body with the grind of a long season, and will probably score a hot wife to boot. Doesn't sound to bad to me.
        Don't think that is what either HCGM or Fred want though.
        Why walk somebody in baseball when you can hit them?

Comment

• I could see FVV in a Delavadova kind of career path. Spot minutes here and there for a year or two, then get a big opportunity at a big time and totally crush it, going from a 1-2 mil a year to a 8-10 mil a year guy. Whatever happens though, I will be following every step of the way and always be proud that he was (and always will be) a Shocker!!!
          "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockdaWorld View Post
            I could see FVV in a Delavadova kind of career path. Spot minutes here and there for a year or two, then get a big opportunity at a big time and totally crush it, going from a 1-2 mil a year to a 8-10 mil a year guy. Whatever happens though, I will be following every step of the way and always be proud that he was (and always will be) a Shocker!!!
            Yep. ^

Comment

• Originally posted by mini-shock View Post
              Barring a substantially different criteria for being "better", your still dead wrong about Patty Mills.

Just off the dome, Mills is a better shooter of the dribble, Mills is quicker, better shooter, better finisher against taller players. I am taking patty all day every day over Fred. And that hurts because Fred is my favorite player. Any favorable comparison for Fred compared to Mills might include overall handling, PNR, passing. Even those comparisons are biased from a Fred fan.
              Unlike spelling, some things like PG skill assessment are matters of opinion that can't be proven or disproven. We'll agree to disagree.

You completely lost me at quicker - and believe me I don't think Fred is in the top half of guards in that area. Maybe bottom quartile. I base this opinion on the many times I've observed Spurs Silver Dancers and the Coyote beat Patty down the court in transition.

Shooter is a wash, and that's because Patty Mills has several years of Chip England and whoever else the Spurs lock their shooters in the gym with.

Handle and passing, straight up Fred is better. But not by much - and he's what, 6 years younger? Maybe more.

Comment

• Fred VanVleet returns to Rockford, IL for the FVV Fan Fest, the Rockford area's premier community summer rec night for all ages!
                "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• My apologies if this has already been posted, but here is a link to info if you would like to help support an underprivileged kid in Rockford so he or she can attend FVV's camp.

gorockford.com/FVVcamp

Scroll down towards the bottom to see the section about sponsoring a camper.
                  Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockBand View Post
                    My apologies if this has already been posted, but here is a link to info if you would like to help support an underprivileged kid in Rockford so he or she can attend FVV's camp.

gorockford.com/FVVcamp

Scroll down towards the bottom to see the section about sponsoring a camper.

Many thanks! I'm in. Challenging all other Shockernetters to sponsor 1.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                      Many thanks! I'm in. Challenging all other Shockernetters to sponsor 1.
                      Challenge met with a sponsorship of a 2-day camp fee.

Comment

• "If you would like to sponsor a camper, please download this form! Sponsor 5 campers and receive 6 VIP passes to the FVV Fan Fest, including a Meet & Greet with Fred VanVleet!"

If we do a joint ShockerNet sponsorship of 5 campers, can we cash in the VIP passes and Meet&Greet for Fred joining ShockerNet?

Comment

• Fred takes on a local sportscatser to promote his basketball camp in rockford. I won't reveal the winner. You'll have to watch for yourself. Check out the little figure on the top of the trophy.

The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• I liked this one, too -- FVV vs D-League vs Top 100 Michigan signee

At UW Health Sports Factory in Rockford, IL, Fred VanVleet of the Toronto Raptors, Marcus Posley of the Sioux Falls Skyforce, and Michigan Commit Jordan Pool...
                            “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

• :biggrin-new:

Comment

• Fred gets a vote! ROY!

Comment

Working...
                                X