X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ron Baker - Author

Get your signed copy in August!

Comment

I have 2 copies (for two grandsons) ordered and confirmed. The boys don't know it and it will be a surprise to them when we show up at the book signing.

Comment

Ugh. How did I forget that?

It sucks getting old.

Comment

You can get them signed In Wichita as long as you don't work an 8-5 job on Fridays.
          "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

For those interested, here is the direct link to order Ron's book:

Also, here are the locations and dates for his book signing:

• Wed. August 3 at El Dorado High School & The Kansas Cosmosphere in Hutchinson
            • Thu. August 4 at Scott City High School
            • Fri. August 5 at Exploration Place in Wichita
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post

For those interested, here is the direct link to order Ron's book:

Also, here are the locations and dates for his book signing:

• Wed. August 3 at El Dorado High School & The Kansas Cosmosphere in Hutchinson
              • Thu. August 4 at Scott City High School
              • Fri. August 5 at Exploration Place in Wichita
              fyi... if you order on-line, the 'gift code' or 'promo code' is the zip code associated with your credit card; unfortunately, I wasn't smart enough to figure it out on my first attempt. :)
              "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

She was as giddy as I've seen her in years

One quick note before we present the rankings: With Wichita State’s move to the American Athletic Conference, the Shockers have moved out of the mid-major club. We wish the Shockers well against Cincinnati, UConn, SMU, and more.

Comment

So, I live in Wichita, and I ordered 2 books. I pick them up at Exploration Place on Friday between 10 and 4:30 and get them signed?

Comment

Originally posted by vancedave56 View Post
                    So, I live in Wichita, and I ordered 2 books. I pick them up at Exploration Place on Friday between 10 and 4:30 and get them signed?
                    That is correct; get there early, Ron might develop writers cramp.
                    "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

The way it was set up in Eldorado, their were 3 lines. One for pre-orders (longest), one for purchases(shortest) and one to get your book signed. It would have been quicker today to have purchased at the event than pre-ordering. However, only about an hour in line to get a signature.

Comment

Picked my eight copies in Hutchinson for those of us in Great Bend that I have converted in to Shocker fans. There was one line, abuot thirty minutes long, both when we got there and when we left. It began ot 4:00 and we were there from 5:15 to 5:45. It was to conclude at 7:00, I believe.. They had a Kraken employee taking pictures while Ron was signing the books. Ron was Ron, friendly, talkative and the last thing he said to us, "I really appreciate you guys."
                        "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                        ---------------------------------------
                        Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                        "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                        "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Freakin AWESOME!!! Good for Ron!!!
                          FINAL FOURS:
                          1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                          1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                          Number of Times Ranked: 157
                          Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                          Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                          Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                          #3 - Dec. 2017
                          #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                          #2 ~ March 2014
                          Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

OK I see they are out of stock on line. At exploration place will there be a line for purchases?

Comment

I arrived at Exploration Place at round 10:30 with 3 of my grandkids. Took about 90 minutes to get through line. Got some great pix with Ron and the grandkids. Just finished reading "You're Too BIG to Dream Small". Short but a very positive message to kids of all ages. I give it 5-stars.

Comment

Working...
                              X