NBA Summer League Schedule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NBA Summer League Schedule

Looks like Ron's first "Summer League" action will be against Detroit on July 2nd in Orlando and Fred's will be in Vegas July 8th against Sacramento.

Thought we could report stuff here as the action starts and we see our guys kick butt!!!

Go Ron!!! Go Fred!!!
    FINAL FOURS:
    1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
    1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
    Number of Times Ranked: 157
    Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
    Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
    Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
    #3 - Dec. 2017
    #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
    #2 ~ March 2014
    Finished 2013 Season #4

Where is TC and Toure?
    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Attached Files
      I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Ron in Orlando and FVV in Vegas?

Too bad the Knicks aren't in Vegas again.

If you happen to be in Sin City over the period of the Summer League, make an effort to see it. You'll never get better seats in an NBA arena, and these guys are just walking around the concourse. Plenty of opportunity for pics and autographs.

Comment

Originally posted by kcshocker11 View Post
          He is back state side and had tryouts with some NBA teams. I'm asking if he got picked up, and if Toure is hitting the summer circuit again. Cle will, and maybe the Knicks will pick Toure back up.
          People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

No clue about Toure, but I just found an article that shows Tekele as a member of the Detroit Pistons summer league team. The article also showed their schedule. Their first game is Saturday afternoon against Ron and Cle's Knicks!!! We could see Tekele vs. Ron man to man. What a special time to be a Shocker fan!!!

Last edited by ShockdaWorld; June 29, 2016, 04:13 PM. Reason: found link
            "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

Comment

Looks like Tarczewski also gets a rematch against Ron.
                You miss 100% of the shots you don't take....

.....but, statistically speaking, you miss 99% of the shots you do take.

Comment

I have no idea how true it is, as I haven't been able to research it yet (maybe one of you research guys can do some digging), but I had someone on FB last night telling me that the Pistons have actually signed Tekele to something of a partial one year contract. The way he said it is that the contract would keep Tekele with the Pistons until at least February. That didn't make much sense to me. It made me wonder if it was some kind of partially guaranteed contract, where his guarantee is whatever he would make by February. I would love details if anybody knows where to find them (if there actually are any).
                  "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

Originally posted by ShockdaWorld View Post
                    I have no idea how true it is, as I haven't been able to research it yet (maybe one of you research guys can do some digging), but I had someone on FB last night telling me that the Pistons have actually signed Tekele to something of a partial one year contract. The way he said it is that the contract would keep Tekele with the Pistons until at least February. That didn't make much sense to me. It made me wonder if it was some kind of partially guaranteed contract, where his guarantee is whatever he would make by February. I would love details if anybody knows where to find them (if there actually are any).
                    Quick search on Twitter and can't find anything. No press release on the Pistons' site. My guess is whoever told you that either A) made a big assumption because he's on their summer league team or B) legitimately knows someone high up in the Pistons' organization. Probably closer to A.
                    "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Working...
                    X