Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ron Baker was a Knick, and now is a Wizard!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm happy to admit enjoying the Warriors, but most of the nba is unwatchable imho.

Some teams just have no idea. Wanna bet the Spurs win a lot this year? They get it.

But the best example is what we're watching right now. The Knicks suck and they most likely aren't going to sign Baker who would help them win.

Toronto is loaded and they're likely to find a spot for Fred because they realize he'll help them win. They get it and NY doesn't.

Comment

• I doubt NY will give Baker much of a look. They've got him. They'd probably like to keep him a year or two to see if they need or want him at some point in the future. They're unlikely to give him a chance to show anything meaningful because he might get picked up by another team if they did.
      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
        I doubt NY will give Baker much of a look. They've got him. They'd probably like to keep him a year or two to see if they need or want him at some point in the future. They're unlikely to give him a chance to show anything meaningful because he might get picked up by another team if they did.
        They have 15 guaranteed contracts. They can keep 15. If they don't cut guaranteed player, they have to cut Ron, making him a free agent. He can then sign with anyone, including the Knicks Dleague team.

Comment

• Originally posted by wusphlash View Post
          Makes me wonder why Ron signed with the Knicks. They are still a disaster.
          Dont know if this was answered but he wanted to play with cle. He was real bummed when cle was cut.
          People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker3435 View Post
            I'm happy to admit enjoying the Warriors, but most of the nba is unwatchable imho.

Some teams just have no idea. Wanna bet the Spurs win a lot this year? They get it.

But the best example is what we're watching right now. The Knicks suck and they most likely aren't going to sign Baker who would help them win.

Toronto is loaded and they're likely to find a spot for Fred because they realize he'll help them win. They get it and NY doesn't.
            Fred is the other watchable part of the nba
            People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Just got to vent a little frustration here; I'm a Gold-blooded Shocker AND a basketball fan. If you want to see the BEST basketball in the WORLD, then you watch the NBA. If you're just a fan of college sports ("I like college football but don't like the NFL") then that is fine, but recognize the BEST level of play is at the professional level. Even the crappy NBA teams (like the Knicks) could demolish a great college team, no question.
              Sorry. Venting over.

Comment

• Originally posted by OregonShocker View Post
                Even the crappy NBA teams (like the Knicks) could demolish a great college team, no question.
                Sorry. Venting over.
                That doesn't mean it is the best basketball. Or even good basketball.

Also, the '91 UNLV team disagrees with you.

Comment

Just got to vent a little frustration here; I'm a Gold-blooded Shocker AND a basketball fan. If you want to see the BEST basketball in the WORLD, then you watch the NBA. If you're just a fan of college sports ("I like college football but don't like the NFL") then that is fine, but recognize the BEST level of play is at the professional level. Even the crappy NBA teams (like the Knicks) could demolish a great college team, no question.
                  Sorry. Venting over.
                  That's not in dispute. It's a style argument. And really it's just a matter of preference. Do you enjoy watching tactical matches more (euro pro/NCAA), or do you prefer to watch a superior technical game (NBA). Most people here are just saying they prefer to watch a tactical style game (whether they think of it along those lines or not).

There's really no right or wrong answer ... it's all opinion.
                  Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Just got to vent a little frustration here; I'm a Gold-blooded Shocker AND a basketball fan. If you want to see the BEST basketball in the WORLD, then you watch the NBA. If you're just a fan of college sports ("I like college football but don't like the NFL") then that is fine, but recognize the BEST level of play is at the professional level. Even the crappy NBA teams (like the Knicks) could demolish a great college team, no question.
                    Sorry. Venting over.
                    BEST Basketball Players. Not BEST Basketball. That's why I liked the SPURS. They play TEAM Basketball. In PRO baseball, the Royals still play TEAM baseball in a league of Stars. The NFL is still the best PRO league because the TEAMS are still more important than STARS (usually). IMO

Comment

Sorry. Venting over.
                      Totally agree. I'm a fan of the sport in general (hell I'll even watch WNBA occasionally during that dead period between NBA finals and NFL season) so I don't understand the NBA hate. Just like in college, there are good and bad teams. The good teams are fun to watch, the bad not so much.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                        That's not in dispute. It's a style argument. And really it's just a matter of preference. Do you enjoy watching tactical matches more (euro pro/NCAA), or do you prefer to watch a superior technical game (NBA). Most people here are just saying they prefer to watch a tactical style game (whether they think of it along those lines or not).

There's really no right or wrong answer ... it's all opinion.
                        You don't think NBA teams employ tactics?

Comment

• Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
                          the Royals still play TEAM baseball in a league of Stars
                          How do you play selfish baseball? This sentence makes zero sense to me.

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
                            You don't think NBA teams employ tactics?
                            For real. Clear-outs for the stars. That's a tactic. Albeit a boring one.

Comment

• Originally posted by SirShoxAlot View Post
                              How do you play selfish baseball? This sentence makes zero sense to me.
                              You hit 40 HRs, strike out 220 times and play terrible defense. It's a thing.

Comment

Sorry. Venting over.
                                You missed the point.

For me personally, I'd watch a Hawaii-BYU game over an NBA game any day of the week. I won't even acknowledge an NBA game until the end of May.
                                Deuces Valley.
                                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                                X