Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ron Baker was a Knick, and now is a Wizard!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
    I prefer 12oz curls…

Those can build bulk as well?

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
      I prefer 12oz curls…

That looks like a 288 ounce curl.
      "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
      ---------------------------------------
      Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
      "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
      "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
        This ...
        The place he's at is USA Martial Arts and Fitness. They do "Kick-Boxing bootcamps" that I've done before. A lot of it is similar to cross-fit type exercises. There are different ways to build muscle. Straight heavy lifting is good for bulking up. This type of training is better for targeting muscles with can help with agility and explosiveness.
        Watched the documentary on Netflix about Crossfit, so Ron is doing Crossfit workouts like that with this guy? Will he look like those guys after he is done cause those guys are buff!!!

Comment

• "Knicks’ Ron Baker: Small town guy with Big Apple dream" - Newsday

By Barbara Barker
          Updated August 4, 2017 4:27 PM

"It is hard to imagine a place less like Madison Square Garden than the cement slab where Ron Baker spent countless hours honing his game in high school.

This is a visitor’s first thought as the Knicks guard gives a tour of the court his father poured in the front yard of the house where he grew up. Baker and his siblings’ names are etched into the concrete, there is an old tractor parked across the street and a cornfield just a few blocks away..."
          Attached Files

Comment

• Ron Baker Plays LaCrosse

And apparently was a big hit

Comment

• The New York Knicks have had a rather quiet offseason making adjustments to their roster, but Ron Baker brings to the table what the Knicks desperately need
              I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• Dang, I miss him. And FVV. And Tekele.
                Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                  Dang, I miss him. And FVV. And Tekele.
                  I still miss Jason Perez!

Comment

• "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• First Carlos O'Kellys and now he is a book schill...where will it end :) OK it is his own book

Comment

• Originally posted by pogo View Post
                        First Carlos O'Kellys and now he is a book schill...where will it end :) OK it is his own book
                        The new Ronco.

Comment

• Think that's an old video

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                            try to do a one legged squat and see how much weight you can do. It's hard enough to do with no weight.
                            Exactly. I didn't watch the video, but if it's what I'm thinking it's called a Pistol. And I can tell you:

(1) I've seen some extremely good athletes struggle with them

And

(2) I'm a couple inches shorter than Ron but I had enough leg strength to dunk easily back when I was playing. And as I've told friends multiple times - if I tried to do Pistols after the age of 30 or so, people in the gym would be ducking my kneecap flying around the gym like guys in old western bars ducking the bullets as they zinged around while taking out chandeliers. And at my current age, you'd also be talking about hip muscles ripping away.

If he's doing Pistol reps with ANY weight, that is next-level stuff. Orders of magnitude harder than a squat with a bar where many more muscle groups can get involved to leverage against each other and get the weight up.

As someone else said, the nature of the NBA has moved towards significantly less physical than college since the handcheck, chuck, put the driver on the deck 80s and 90s. Although that gap will continue to narrow with rule changes (which is another thread that should be started and @Kung Wu: should ask Paul Suellentrop about).

Comment

• Originally posted by Good News View Post
                              Exactly. I didn't watch the video, but if it's what I'm thinking it's called a Pistol. And I can tell you:

(1) I've seen some extremely good athletes struggle with them

And

(2) I'm a couple inches shorter than Ron but I had enough leg strength to dunk easily back when I was playing. And as I've told friends multiple times - if I tried to do Pistols after the age of 30 or so, people in the gym would be ducking my kneecap flying around the gym like guys in old western bars ducking the bullets as they zinged around while taking out chandeliers. And at my current age, you'd also be talking about hip muscles ripping away.

If he's doing Pistol reps with ANY weight, that is next-level stuff. Orders of magnitude harder than a squat with a bar where many more muscle groups can get involved to leverage against each other and get the weight up.

As someone else said, the nature of the NBA has moved towards significantly less physical than college since the handcheck, chuck, put the driver on the deck 80s and 90s. Although that gap will continue to narrow with rule changes (which is another thread that should be started and @Kung Wu: should ask Paul Suellentrop about).
                              Yes , he's doing a pistol holding a small dumbbell, maybe 20 lbs with a short box underneath. Like a seated pistol.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                                Yes , he's doing a pistol holding a small dumbbell, maybe 20 lbs with a short box underneath. Like a seated pistol.
                                Thanks. I watched the video. The good news is that he is doing real-deal next-level stuff that will keep him competitive for years to come.

The bad news is that I have a slipped disc in my lower back just from watching that last ab exercise with the trainer pushing down on his toes.

I am 100 percent confident that his trainers have forgotten more about the subject than I ever knew, but I was glad to see he wasn't doing those seated Pistols for power/explosion training. I have personal experience with power/strength/explosion training where you're always starting at the same exact starting point, and it resulted in a nasty case of patellar tendinitis.

Ron looks ripped though. I may need to make a trip to the Gah-Den to see him in person. The last time I was there, a guy named Graham Hatch buried one from the top of the key...

Comment

Working...
                                X